Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2014, 08:36:23 AM

I love Attila and his pointy headed minions. Come on now.

Meh.

The Scourge Of God is OP! 

Would be like slapping babies around.  Or being a slapped baby.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on September 10, 2014, 08:38:09 AM
I'd love to have an Ancient China version like Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

That would be kinda cool too.  The RTK series is rather gamey so I think there is plenty of room for a TW style treatment.  May not be so popular here in the States and EU, however.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2014, 08:36:23 AM
Yeah i agree with you...so if that is the case maybe we can be playing the new installment in November/December.

I love Attila and his pointy headed minions. Come on now.

those dates sound about right i would say - i cant see it been a huge shift from Rome II to Attila and gets them some more pennies to work on the new engine that everyone is talking about

deeply in love with my Sparta game as i am, im becoming a bit jaded with the siege mechanic - not in anyway AI related - i miss the open field battles in valleys with forests and rivers and cliffs around you, this only occurred to me last night as the defenders of one town actually sallied forth and the fight took place on the plains, a rare chance to flank and feint and watch the battle unfold instead of everyone getting squished on the walls - reminded me of the old Shogun, Medieval days - to get around this i used to surround the city and they would have to break out after a few turns but the the attrition mechanic in Rome is too harsh

Gusington

I've been waiting for a RTK TW forever so yes I think that would be cool too.

But pointy headed minions are cool as sh't.

UCG - yiu would play Sparta over Macedon, eh?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

yes, but only because im a movie going, hollywood drivel in taking fan whore and recently saw the new 300 film, which i admit doesnt have spartans in and is all about the Athenians but i do like 300 and i do like their martial society

ill put my hand up and say i know sod all east of Rome history wise, and without some learned reading and Frank Miller probably wouldnt know much about Sparta either

Pontus, Breuci, Getae, Royal Scythia is all new to me

Sir Slash

Some of the most successful mods for RTW and M2TW are fantasy mods so a War Hammer TW just might work-- I'm thinking Third Age TW mod here. I'd love a new BI or a ancient China TW thing too. I was hoping for a Mongol Invasion version for Shogun 2 or an Africa or China add-on for ETW.  O0 Speaking of mods, Radious says his mod will be updated in time for the release of the new campaign. You can follow the progress over at the TW Center and I am really in awe at the tremendous amount of work that goes into adjusting and balancing the mods for CA's patches.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yeah I really wanted a new Mongol Invasion too. But a new Barbarian Invasion will be even more gooder.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Attila/Barbarian Invasion II is the obvious next iteration in the series.  That being said, I keep hoping for an ancient China/Spring and Autumn title... 

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 10, 2014, 05:16:01 AM
My heart, and moist nether regions hopes Medieval III
A big +1 to this, but it won't be that.  I have no doubt we'll see Medieval 3 someday, but it probably won't be til the end of the decade at the earliest. 

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 10, 2014, 07:18:37 AM
and hence forth it will be known as the age of the great schism

- Warhammer is cool, so is TW, i cant wait to see WH in an a TW format

- WTF? Keep your stupid orcs and dwarves away from my historically accurate (snort!) simulation of real word periods of war

- War-what-now?

and the lo the intelligent, well constructed arguements and counter arguements will spill forth from the agents of the triumverate

- Fk you its not for babies, its a very dark, gritty world created for adults, if CA want to make it and it will sell its their fking business

- Do not touch the best gaming strategy games in the world with your baby soldiers game

- seriously, what-hammer?
LOL.  Well-put, geek.  This is what I meant by howls of outrage by both fanbases (and why I believe the franchises will be kept separate by CA/Sega). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Now I am all excited to play again and ignore my gaming queue that i've been trying to whittle down. Jonesng to play as Macedon. And Sparta. And Attila.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

So I'm getting trampled by elephants.  What's the best way to defeat them?

undercovergeek

slingers from a distance, javelins from a bit closer, spears,  preferably a hoplite wall or pike wall when up close and personal, from the front, the side and the back

jomni

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 12, 2014, 05:27:22 PM
slingers from a distance, javelins from a bit closer, spears,  preferably a hoplite wall or pike wall when up close and personal, from the front, the side and the back

That's a lot of work.  Most of my men are swords.  That's probably why I'm losing.

undercovergeek

yeah, id much rather poke an elephant with a 12ft stick than a sword!

Sir Slash

Jomni you need to recruit some War Mice units to frighten the elephants. The Spartan ones are the toughest. And the scariest because they wear those funny little Spartan helmets. :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 09:29:08 PM
Jomni you need to recruit some War Mice units to frighten the elephants. The Spartan ones are the toughest. And the scariest because they wear those funny little Spartan helmets. :2funny:

Sorry but I'm not gonna download any cartoony DLC.