Combat Mission: Black Sea Up for Pre-Order

Started by Cyrano, November 05, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I really don't care how good the players are or what they actually do in the game, I just like getting a sneak peak of what's coming:)  With that said, the people they choose always seem to do a nice job in also telling a story and providing some info on tactics which I always appreciate.

JudgeDredd

I can't watch ANY videos from any wargamer. They're too twitchy...mouse and view goes everywhere...looks like they're having a fit.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Some of the posts in the battlefront AAR thread are shocking. Giving the poster a hard time about creatively writing the AAR with a story and background? Other people stating that they like it, but have never read an AAR like that before? Where are these people from?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2014, 10:54:23 PM
Some of the posts in the battlefront AAR thread are shocking. Giving the poster a hard time about creatively writing the AAR with a story and background? Other people stating that they like it, but have never read an AAR like that before? Where are these people from?

Well, if I've understood correctly a lot of those forum regulars don't play any other game than CM..

Elvis

Did you see what the guy complaining about the back story said about the CMRT beta AAR?  Now, that hurt.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Elvis on November 24, 2014, 08:25:33 AM

Did you see what the guy complaining about the back story said about the CMRT beta AAR?  Now, that hurt.

Nope. I must have missed it, but nothing would surprise me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

fabius

Quote from: Elvis on November 24, 2014, 08:25:33 AM

yes! Quite bizzare and ungrateful. But he had plenty chime in to say how enjoyable it is to read.

Black Sea is on my "Must Have" list and will hopefully reignite steamy passionate liaisons with CM.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Zonso on November 23, 2014, 10:56:36 AM
And here is the start of the AAR from the opposing side: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=117868 It appears Bil will have an opponent of equal or greater caliber for this match. (Wonder what the critics of previous AARs will have to complain about now?)

Your continued presence on the internet as a perpetual irritant. As has been stated before, we get it. You like the game. To the point of being blind to anything resembling less than perfection in it, its marketing, or its development. Your attendant lack of credibility in any discussion surrounding the game has therefore been noted.

You won't need to worry about any discussion from my perspective on this, however - nor I suspect a number of other fans. The subject matter has me cold and though I won't say "never" - particularly if we enter a dry spell for 2 or 3 years - I'm really not interested in this title due to the subject matter. Modern topics with 1 shot, 1 kill lethality, see-in-the-dark capability, extreme range etc. does nothing for me, and I'm not convinced CM really models all the capabilities of modern equipment (and training) all that well to begin with. If other like it, more power to them. I'll wait for the Ardennes/late war ETO and some of the earlier BARBAROSSA era to come along - hopefully bringing Black Sea engine refinements (i.e. amphibious vehicles) with them. If that means LVTs and the Rhine Crossing, I'll look forward to that, but if it means we are years off, I may yet dip toes into Black Sea.

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2014, 12:54:48 PM
I can't watch ANY videos from any wargamer. They're too twitchy...mouse and view goes everywhere...looks like they're having a fit.

+1  they think it's FPS just because it is 3d

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on November 24, 2014, 07:43:37 PM
And here is the start of the AAR from the opposing side: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=117868 It appears Bil will have an opponent of equal or greater caliber for this match. (Wonder what the critics of previous AARs will have to complain about now?)

Your continued presence on the internet as a perpetual irritant. As has been stated before, we get it. You like the game. To the point of being blind to anything resembling less than perfection in it, its marketing, or its development. Your attendant lack of credibility in any discussion surrounding the game has therefore been noted.

You won't need to worry about any discussion from my perspective on this, however - nor I suspect a number of other fans. The subject matter has me cold and though I won't say "never" - particularly if we enter a dry spell for 2 or 3 years - I'm really not interested in this title due to the subject matter. Modern topics with 1 shot, 1 kill lethality, see-in-the-dark capability, extreme range etc. does nothing for me, and I'm not convinced CM really models all the capabilities of modern equipment (and training) all that well to begin with. If other like it, more power to them. I'll wait for the Ardennes/late war ETO and some of the earlier BARBAROSSA era to come along - hopefully bringing Black Sea engine refinements (i.e. amphibious vehicles) with them. If that means LVTs and the Rhine Crossing, I'll look forward to that, but if it means we are years off, I may yet dip toes into Black Sea.

...and your completely unprovoked personal attack is an irritant to me.  If the subject matter of this game leaves you "cold" and uninterested then my advice to you is to just keep your mouth shut. This is your one and only warning.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Cyrano

JD's dead right about one thing:  playing a game like Black Sea with FRAPS running in the background does not make for a good video...

OTOH, anybody that takes the time to gimme a little AAR love is OK with me.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

*last seen trying to slip out of the room with JH's re-loads such as he don't notice*
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on November 24, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

Harsh

How did his post ever even warrant that?  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Cyrano on November 24, 2014, 08:38:17 PM
JD's dead right about one thing:  playing a game like Black Sea with FRAPS running in the background does not make for a good video...

OTOH, anybody that takes the time to gimme a little AAR love is OK with me.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

*last seen trying to slip out of the room with JH's re-loads such as he don't notice*
They definitely do the community a service...I just can't watch them. I just wish they'd control their mouse usage somewhat.

The constant rotating, vertical, scrolling and zooming in and out really affects me. It doesn't give me headaches or anything...it doesn't make me feel unwell, I just can't watch it...it affects me in a way I just can't explain.  :(

I wish I could watch them...they could be very informative to a rubbish player like myself.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Yes you are concentrating on looking at the map or a single model. Then  suddenly the guy zooms or rotates for no reason at all. Trying hard to make it cinematic.

RyanE

I think part of the issue is they think they have to show everything.  I am sure they don't play that way.  I would find it much more watchable if they just recorded the way they play.  If they just want to show stuff off, they should just do cut scenes.