Main Menu

Desert War 1940-43

Started by davidshq, July 23, 2015, 10:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Wonder if the Matrix version will have that Pacific scenario because it looks awesome!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Geezer

Scenario List:

Operazione E: The Reluctant Offensive, 13-20 Sep 1940
Into The Blue: Battle of Sidi Barrani, 9-12 Dec 1940
Beda Fomm: Death of an Army, 1-7 Feb 1941
Enter Rommel: Advance to Tobruk, 31 Mar-12 Apr 1941
Battle of Sollum: Operation Battleaxe, 15-18 Jun 1941
Sunday of the Dead: Battle of Sidi Rezegh, 18-24 Nov 1941
Rats vs The Ram: Battle of Bir el Gubi, 19-21 Nov 1941
Gazala--First Five Days, 26-30 May 1942
Gazala--The Cauldron, 29 May - 10 Jun 1942
Gazala--Fall of Tobruk, 11 - 21 Jun 1942
High Tide at Alam Halfa, 30 Aug - 5 Sep 1942
2nd Alamein: From Lightfoot to Supercharge, 24 Oct - 3 Nov 1942
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Johnnie

I can't find the download link.  Anyone?

Geezer

The game is still in beta if that's what you mean.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 14, 2017, 04:13:22 PM
As opposed to, "Dessert War" which I am testing right now. I can't say much either because my mouth's full. Let us know what you can when you can Slick.  O0

Haha, I see what you did there. I'm going to be making a "Forum Tutorial" when it gets close to release. There's a lot of detail to be aware of as far as game mechanics. As just one example...supply, ZOC and terrain can make a fool of you unless you understand how things work. There are some really cool unique UI features that I've never seen in any other hex-based game. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it's my goal to make that as painless as possible.

Sir Slash

Looking forward to it. Any idea how soon before release?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

So no Pacific.  :( Maybe it will be DLC.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 14, 2017, 10:47:33 PM
Looking forward to it. Any idea how soon before release?

2 weeks.  :cowboy:

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

em2nought

This looked nice and fresh originally, but it looks like Matrix or Slitherine got involved and made it more homely lest other homely games might become jealous.  :DD   Is this the case?  It sure looks like it from the before and after screenshots.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Richie61

I read some bad reviews of the game engine for beta testers on some FB site a few weeks back. Something about how it uses Java and it a clunky system to use. Still looks interesting to me.
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Richie61 on November 16, 2017, 09:52:25 AM
I read some bad reviews of the game engine for beta testers on some FB site a few weeks back. Something about how it uses Java and it a clunky system to use. Still looks interesting to me.

Personally, I don't find the interface to be clunky, but it is different. You will get used to using the mouse and hot keys to be efficient. There's a lot of "empty space" in the UI, but that's mostly because the map can be zoomed in to use up all of your monitor space in the larger scenarios.

I think the artwork is terrific, and after purchasing TOAW IV today, I think Desert War compares favorably in the graphics dept.