Star Trek Beyond - Trailer

Started by OJsDad, December 15, 2015, 08:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I don't get at all why they feel the need to make Sulu's character gay. The original actor is, of course, but he's an actor, not the character. I suppose they think that's some kind of nod to Takei, but it seems rather silly and heavy handed.

Sir Slash

I blame Kirk. Sulu NEVER got to beam down to the planets with the rest of the team. Him and Chekov were the only two on the whole damned ship that never got laid.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Hell, even Wesley Crusher got laid on occasion.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

But nobody ran around bare-chested, swinging around a rapier, sweaty as hell from those solar flare 60s TV studio lights, and still seem straight.

Sir Slash

That was only when he was drunk from the alien goo that got on everybody. Which is why Kirk never let him drink again in the show. But now Scotty.....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Kirk tended to get goo on alien women.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

To boldly go where no man has gone before.

mirth

Kirk really lived up to that part of the mission.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on July 07, 2016, 07:35:35 PM
Fascinating....

http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-takei-tried-to-convince-the-team-behind-star-tre-1783306619

Interesting read. I like Mr. Takei even more now (if that's even possible). Show's you how the people running Trek Wars have no clue. Why reboot what didn't need rebooting? Pick another ship in that period and have whatever kind characters you want. Even (God forbid) a horta if you actually think that makes any sense in any universe.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Ensign Horta was a good minor character!

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on July 08, 2016, 04:16:02 PM
Ensign Horta was a good minor character!

Wait...where is it...it's around here somewhere...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Yes. That's what he looked like.

JasonPratt

PAAAINNN! PAAAAAAAAIIINNN!!

(For all I know the character was great; I seem to recall some good stories from that writer.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth