Star Wars Battlefront II - PC

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 12, 2017, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I have no doubt I'll pick this up at some point (my son is already badgering me about it) but it will be when it is steeply discounted. However, I will admit to being more than a bit jealous of you guys who have it already.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 17, 2017, 02:55:22 PM
Surprisingly not tacked on and not awful is more what I'd say. 

It's fun, it's a very good compliment to the game and it's got a few really good story beats that add something to the canon.  It also adds a better understanding to who and what the First Order is and stands for in the sequels.  I'm shocked that I enjoyed it, as I expected DICE to just bolt on a story light bot fest. 

This is completely in line with what I've been reading in reviews.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JudgeDredd

How very annoying. I started downloading this over 3 hours ago.

2 screens opened up...both showing a counter for download - one was the Battlefront II window and the other was my Origin window.

I left both open - not wanting to break the download process. When I came back in my fans were going mental on my computer and it had still only downloaded 50% or so. I decided to kill the Battlefront II window because all 4 cores were running at 70% and memory in use was up to 6GB.

As soon as I closed that window, fans slowed, my 4 cores dropped to 20%, my memory is down to 3GB and - more importantly - download is estimated at 20 minutes!!

So that Battlefront II window - which was doing sod all - was hogging my entire system AND slowing my download considerably!!  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

I think the Battlefront II window that opens during download is a portal to play around in arcade mode while it downloads.   Not 100% sure though since I preloaded.

Origin should download everything on its own.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

It was - but I was wary to shut it for fear of stopping the huge download.

I very baffled why a window - which appeared to do nothing apart from show a counter was ramming my memory and all 4 cores
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2017, 03:07:50 PM
I will admit to being more than a bit jealous of you guys who have it already.

Let your jealousy turn to anger.  Embrace your hatred and let it fuel you!  It gives you focus, makes you stronger!

Give in to your feelings!

Only that way can you bring true peace and justice to the Galaxy.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 05:13:25 PM
It was - but I was wary to shut it for fear of stopping the huge download.

That's what she said!

Yikes, sorry, it's Friday.  No work tomorrow. 

JudgeDredd

lol - no - that's what she used to say  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2017, 01:13:59 AM

Aha!  Saw what you did there.

Anyway, anyone wants to friend me, I'm SargePinback in Origin.  Not like we can play together as far as I can see, at least in the current form of the matchmaking system. 

20,000 Quatloos to those that get what my Origin name refers to.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 18, 2017, 01:17:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2017, 01:13:59 AM

Aha!  Saw what you did there.

Anyway, anyone wants to friend me, I'm SargePinback in Origin.  Not like we can play together as far as I can see, at least in the current form of the matchmaking system. 

20,000 Quatloos to those that get what my Origin name refers to.
haha - Dark Star  O0
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Holy Crap - this games production values are outstanding.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

You can't kill the Ewoks. 

I've tried.  A lot.

mirth

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.