DVG - Unexpected Adventure!

Started by DanVerssen, April 14, 2013, 11:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

DVG'S UNEXPECTED JOURNEY...

We received a call last week from Karen, Chief of Staff of Boeing's Network and Space Systems Division. She explained that their Leadership Team was getting together for a week of meetings in San Diego. As part of their plans, the Team was going to have a dinner cruise and play a couple games of Modern Naval Battles.

As we continued to talk, she asked if Holly and I would be available to come to San Diego and show the team how to play.

I'm sure I blinked a few times as I tried to get my voice working again to accept.

Thus started our Unexpected Journey. :)

Holly and I drove down the day before the cruise and enjoyed the friendship and hospitality of the Boeing company.

Many thanks to Karen and Eric for helping Holly and I through the traveling process!

The dinner cruise and Modern Naval Battles games were a great success and much to Holly and my relief, everyone seemed to enjoy the games. They cheered every die roll and every sunk ship. It was amazing. In over 20 years of demoing games, it was our first time showing a game to Generals, Ship Captains, and the Leaders of Corporation Programs. We were talking with the people who helped to build the very weapons being represented in our games! As it turned out, these people were some of the leaders of the Apache, Hornet, and Harpoon programs!

We were truly in awe of the people in that room.

Many thanks to Karen, Eric, and Mr. Krone for an amazing adventure!

---------------

THUNDERBOLT-APACHE LEADER

Now available in Vassal format!

PHANTOM LEADER - PC

Now available for the PC! Order through our website!

www.dvg.com

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MIGMaster

bayonetbrant

just out of curiosity, how many of them gave you reaction of "wow! I never knew there were tabletop games like this!"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Sounds like that was alot of fun.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

JudgeDredd

Modern Naval Battles appeals to me - but it's not solitaire is it?

Pity. Is there a vassal module?
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 15, 2013, 07:25:59 AM
Modern Naval Battles appeals to me - but it's not solitaire is it?

Pity. Is there a vassal module?

It's not solitaire. It's a 2 to 6 player card game. It's fun, beer and pretzels gaming.
There is a campaign expansion that can actually be played solo.

bayonetbrant

8 replies in 8 hours to this thread about a tabletop wargame on a small-but-growing strategy gaming site

Zero replies in 11 hours to this identical thread about a tabletop wargame on what's supposed to be the biggest/grandest/whateverist legacy strategy gaming site

thanks for everyone waving the flag for where actual strategy gaming is found out there :)

MikeGER

Congrats Dan ! :)
that was good Karma giving the fun you gave to many people through inventing your game-sytems in the past, back to you now

...any news / peek a boo on upcoming Huey Leader (with a Vassal-Modul on release-day too, please) ?  ;)

Arctic Blast

Congrats, Dan. That's very cool.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DanVerssen

Thank you everyone! It was a great trip and we met some great people!

I will look into having MNB made into a Vassal module or PC game. :)

Barthheart

Quote from: DanVerssen on May 01, 2013, 11:48:55 PM
Thank you everyone! It was a great trip and we met some great people!

I will look into having MNB made into a Vassal module or PC game. :)

A PC game would be awesome!  :)