Eador: Masters of the Broken World

Started by Jarhead0331, April 20, 2013, 06:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Well?  Its been out for a few days and not a peep from any of you fanboys...whats the word?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

i think we all got scared off by the beta updates

mikeck

Well I have it and like it a lot. People mentioned issues with the last beta but I haven't seen any problems...for example, there is sound in combat. Anyway, I like it. It's beautiful, deep and fun. I haven't played a lot but haven't noticed any game breaking bugs. Same with star drive.
Of course, go to the forums and every bug makes the game "unplayable" lol

I like it

People say "well, I should expect a bug free game at release" my response is that you used to pay $40-50 for a game like this...now you pay $19. Small developers don't have the time and resources to deliver bug free games at a deadline many times. So, it has bugs I'm sure but I havent noticed any.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

I plan on getting it in a month or two as there is just way too much I've barely even played yet. 

I wish someone would create a device that makes x0.25 Time Compression a reality!

Tamas

Altough I just ran into a bug which I have yet to see how much stops my progress, I have been really enjoying it. Especially compared to the worrisome feedback from the recent beta updates, it's cool.

Got me keep playing during most of yesterday and that hasn't happened with a fantasy strategy since a long while.

AI players keep kicking my butt though, not sure how much they cheat in available income and number of units.

FlickJax

Greybriar

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 20, 2013, 06:29:19 PM
Well?  Its been out for a few days and not a peep from any of you fanboys...whats the word?

Quote from: mikeck on April 20, 2013, 07:01:55 PM
Well I have it and like it a lot. People mentioned issues with the last beta but I haven't seen any problems...for example, there is sound in combat. Anyway, I like it. It's beautiful, deep and fun. I haven't played a lot but haven't noticed any game breaking bugs. Same with star drive.
Of course, go to the forums and every bug makes the game "unplayable" lol

I like it

People say "well, I should expect a bug free game at release" my response is that you used to pay $40-50 for a game like this...now you pay $19. Small developers don't have the time and resources to deliver bug free games at a deadline many times. So, it has bugs I'm sure but I havent noticed any.

I pre-ordered it and haven't installed it yet due to the state I've read it's in. But after read mikeck's post and ydejin's post at Qt3, I'm very tempted to install the game now.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mikeck

Yeah, I don't understand all of the wailing over its condition at release. As with almost all games, certain systems don't get along. I can only speak for myself. I have seen no bugs, everything seems fine. Ymmv. Some people are having problems, many others see what they want to see...they wanted to see a broken game so for them, every little bug is a game stopper.

To be fair, there may be bugs But I just don't realize they are bugs.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tpek

Quote from: mikeck on April 21, 2013, 11:39:23 AM
Yeah, I don't understand all of the wailing over its condition at release. As with almost all games, certain systems don't get along. I can only speak for myself. I have seen no bugs, everything seems fine. Ymmv. Some people are having problems, many others see what they want to see...they wanted to see a broken game so for them, every little bug is a game stopper.

To be fair, there may be bugs But I just don't realize they are bugs.

People are complaining about a lot of bugs, crashes and the game being unplayable at all.
Not to mention it's not very optimized, and the Hotseat option is strangely stll missing (despite Internet play being available).

mikeck

Well, as I am playing the game, I can't say it's unplayable and I have not had any crashes. I don't doubt that others have had problems but I simply have not. Like I said, there may be bugs and things missing that I don't realize because I don't know how things are really supposed to work yet. Only played about and hour is so but no issues.

As for multiplayer or hotseat, that may be true but as I don't play either, it's not a showstopper for me.

Greybriar

I downloaded and installed it shortly after my last post. I've been playing it for several hours now without any problems whatsoever on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC which is a couple of years old now with 12 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470.

I'm not halfway through the tutorial yet, but Eador: Masters of the Broken World looks to me like Eador: Genesis with updated graphics and more than one save game slot. So, if you liked the first Eador game, you're going to love this new one...unless you are a chronic complainer or a masochist.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

Quote from: Greybriar on April 21, 2013, 02:25:32 PM
I downloaded and installed it shortly after my last post. I've been playing it for several hours now without any problems whatsoever on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC which is a couple of years old now with 12 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470.

I'm not halfway through the tutorial yet, but Eador: Masters of the Broken World looks to me like Eador: Genesis with updated graphics and more than one save game slot. So, if you liked the first Eador game, you're going to love this new one...unless you are a chronic complainer or a masochist.

When the game gets patched to fix up its flaws, then yes. Until then, it has its defects in comparison with Genesis.
Mind you I'm not encountering any crashes, but the lack of a hotseat option is quite a con for me until the patch that's due soon.

Greybriar

Quote from: Tpek on April 21, 2013, 02:29:53 PM
When the game gets patched to fix up its flaws, then yes. Until then, it has its defects in comparison with Genesis.
Mind you I'm not encountering any crashes, but the lack of a hotseat option is quite a con for me until the patch that's due soon.

Since I haven't and probably won't be playing anything but the single player game, I could care less about multiplayer or a hotseat option. Sorry I forget to mention that in my previous post in this thread.

Sparhawk

I've had the chance to play for several hours today. Only had a couple of glitches with one particular province or other's information becoming froze on the screen. Definately not a game stopper. It has everything Genesis has but much more polished. I only plan to play single player so no troubles there. I must say I'm very pleased.

steve58

Noticed Steam was downloading a patch...

Patch Notes (22.04)
Hello everyone,

Today's patch for the game has the following changes and fixes:

- Updated HUD for provinces.

- Multiplayer stability is improved.

Fixed:

- While attacking his own guard a player could control both sides during the battle.
- While attacking an enemy hero who besieges an allied province, players could get a wrong description of the enemy's army.
- Missing battle results during exploring of a province's sights.
- Number of taken shards wasn't updated in the statistics.
- 'Keys of Truth' questline was considered complete after the tutorial ended.
- On the strategic map death of the last unit in an enemy AI's army by poisoning could lead to the game's crash.
- Tooltip display bug after conquering a shard.
- Impossible to hire heroes during the tutorial.
- Game crash during a battle with a unicorn.
- Dead units appearing during tactical battles.
- Game crash during a battle with no restriction for magic.
- Fixed 'Necromancy' skill.

During this week we'll also be adding to the game:

- Hotseat for the tactical mode.

- Turn timers in multiplayer.

- Faster unit animation.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)