Is it live or is it Friday?

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

undercovergeek

good skills - you need a head to head with MD

Bison

It was my first complete game ever.  Actually the first game I was able to play for longer than an hour without some sort of crash leading to me quitting the game.  I had no strategy.  Just keep resources positive and build big badass units.  I'm not up to MD's skillz level yet.

Kushan

I could post games like Command, FC:RS, ArmA 3 that I'd like to play; In reality though I'm going to play Europa Universalis IV with the new DLC all weekend, with maybe a little Distant Worlds as well. Right now I've got 3 different games going  in EU IV (Austria, Spain, and England). Anxious to get to the new world in the Spanish game since its using the new randomized map option. Also have some EU IV modding I want to get started on.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2014, 09:24:30 AM
Second Chapter in ARMA 3 campaign, "Adapt";...Planetary Annihilation.

Any impressions of Adapt and PA that you can share?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

skeptical.platypus

Banner Saga and ARMA III. I am, quite frankly, inspired by MengJiao.

"Deplorable Bipods" would make an AWESOME grognard band name, btw. If only there was a frontman available, painted blue from head to toe.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Grim.Reaper

Well, with a 3-day weekend thanks to Monday's holiday, hoping to get some time in with a number of things.....

- Rome 2 (especially if I pull trigger on Gaul expansion)
- WOFF
- Splintercell Blacklist

And then some xbox one gaming with the daughter to try and finish Marvel Superheroes....

steve58

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 17, 2014, 12:11:12 PM
Sorry Gus. House Rules. My wife keeps my pair locked in her closet and only lets me use them with written permission.

You're still talking "wings" here, I hope :P

For me, this weekend will be to see if I can get DMP's Pazifik Korps and Afrika Korps mods working...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 17, 2014, 01:18:15 PM
Hoping to spend some more time with Europa Universalis 4 with the Conquest of Paradise DLC.

We expect a report on how well the random New World generator is working!

spelk

Well as usual I'm swimming in games, without the time or focus to take on any of them...

I have been mesmerised by The Banner Saga, so I intend to put more time into it this weekend. Trouble is, its quite emotionally draining, I find after a few battles and decision outcomes, I can't face more without a break. Odd really. I think turn based tactical games always have this effect on me, especially if there is any character empathy/association at all. And with the Banner Saga there really is, first time I clapped eyes on Ubin I was with him. I was mortified that I couldn't protect the Siege Archer lass, I'd surround her with big burly Giants (Varls) and still she'd come a cropper and be downed. :( Plus I have a "thing" for female archers, always have, always will.

I've been neglecting wargaming recently. Since the whirlwind of Command and then Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm, I've been struggling to get my grog on. Well, the last 3MA podcast has me chomping at the bit again, and this evening I've been running through the Korsun Pocket tutorials again!! But tutorials, especially PDF based ones, really tire me out fast.

I have EUIV waiting for me.

And Disciples: Reincarnation.

I shoot people in Battlefield 4.

Plus I have an unhealthy obsession with DC Universe Online now too.

/stand up

I am a "gaming butterfly", and I am finding it tricky to stay on a single game with focused attention for any length of time. Someone help me!

Gusington

^I can give you some of what I have. I can only play one game at a time.

Can you elaborate on Disciples: Reincarnation?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I just started Assassin's Creed III yesterday so I will continue that through the weekend.  I'm also loving Dominions 4 to death.  I'm finding this game to be much more intuitive than Dominions 3 was.  Dominions 4 is brilliant!!   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on January 17, 2014, 05:48:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 17, 2014, 01:18:15 PM
Hoping to spend some more time with Europa Universalis 4 with the Conquest of Paradise DLC.

We expect a report on how well the random New World generator is working!
I've only discovered one new random world so far and it's okay but not great. My first New World looks kind of like a giant island. There a thread at Paradox where people are posting the random New Worlds they are finding. Hopefully someone will tweak the map generator but either way I like it so far.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

My primary game, at least for tonight, will be 'packing up board games that have been traded out and taking them to the post office'. It starts off like a really easy version of Tetris, then you change to a few exciting 'pack and seal' stages before the postal section. That part's pretty tedious and just involves waiting and then paying for the entire experience.

Once that's done, I might load up at least one of Blackguards and State of Decay and see what's up with those. I'd like to get into some Don't Starve, but we'll see what happens.

mikeck

Rome
Distant Worlds
flashpoint campaigns
Crusader Kings
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

bayonetbrant

tomorrow you'll get to see what I've been playing.  watch the front page :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers