Topic Smitten with the Hammer of Wargaming

Started by PanzersEast, April 01, 2015, 03:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Cool Stuff Inc. has it back in stock so I snatched one up......

PE

GJK

No, no, no, no!  The pu$$ies over in the PC "wargaming" forum get away with post crap about dragons and spaceships and tinkerbell and everything that *isn't* a wargame....don't come start doing that here in the forum where *real* wargames are played!

Brant - I demand that this be nipped in the bud immediately!   :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

PanzersEast

Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:06:37 PM
No, no, no, no!  The pu$$ies over in the PC "wargaming" forum get away with post crap about dragons and spaceships and tinkerbell and everything that *isn't* a wargame....don't come start doing that here in the forum where *real* wargames are played!

Brant - I demand that this be nipped in the bud immediately!   :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Have you ever seen Sherlock fight!   :knuppel2:

PE

bayonetbrant

Gary, do you want me to move Twilight Struggle discussions to another forum, too ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 01, 2015, 04:19:58 PM
Gary, do you want me to move Twilight Struggle discussions to another forum, too ;)

You're seriously not comparing Twilight Struggle, the epic clash of Super Nations during the Cold War with a fictitious literary detective character are you???
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 04:10:16 PM

PE

Is there combat in this little barbie-doll game of yours?
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on April 01, 2015, 04:46:18 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 04:10:16 PM

PE

Is there combat in this little barbie-doll game of yours?

Sez the guy who recreated west Side Story with ASL.  :2funny:

Cyrano

For the record, Grogheads Central Command at Origins last year was right next door to a booth flogging a "My Little Pony" game.

I know for a fact that Bart smiled softly each time a Brony was born only a few feet from where he unwillingly taught the Sergeant miniatures game to passers-by.

The depth of Brant's enthusiasm is a shame that is best left unspoken.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

PanzersEast

Well, I will not post anymore non-wargame related material in this forum.  Please direct me where I can post... I rely heavy on this community on the trade/discussion of information about gaming overall because I know we all have a variety of games that set on our shelves.  I have spoken to many of you off-line as well and I value this community above almost all on your opinions and experience,l however that being said this is a WARGAMING forum and I can dig that.

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 01, 2015, 07:15:11 PM
Well, I will not post anymore non-wargame related material in this forum.  Please direct me where I can post... I rely heavy on this community on the trade/discussion of information about gaming overall because I know we all have a variety of games that set on our shelves.  I have spoken to many of you off-line as well and I value this community above almost all on your opinions and experience,l however that being said this is a WARGAMING forum and I can dig that.

PE

Heh.

Doesn't bother me any since tabletop forums don't get much traffic here.  There are probably too many different sections anyway.

I usually post the non-history game stuff in the RPG & Adventure Gaming section.  If I understand you correctly, then I now know why few people frequent the place - they just drop everything here in the "Wargaming" section to rankle GJK.  >:D

GJK

Yeah, I was just teasing you PE, this being April Fools day and all.   >:D

Go ahead and post any boardgame related stuff that you want here I say- I agree, at least *somebody* was posting *something* in this section.  ;)
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bbmike

No one should be allowed to dis Sherlock Holmes in any form.  >:(
Seriously though, I love me some Sherlock Holmes (not that Downey Jr. crap). I'm intrigued by this game...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on April 01, 2015, 07:54:00 PM
Seriously though, I love me some Sherlock Holmes (not that Downey Jr. crap). I'm intrigued by this game...

I liked the Downey Jr crap.   >:(

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on April 02, 2015, 01:04:46 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 01, 2015, 07:54:00 PM

I liked the Downey Jr crap.   >:(

ditto, although the second one was a little too much "look how cool we can be filming this!  if we happen to tell a good story then it's a bonus"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

I loved the Robert Downey Jnr Sherlock movies. Very well done, tongue in cheek and good stories. :smitten:
Alba gu' brath