Paper Figures

Started by TheCommandTent, August 03, 2013, 07:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I am looking to run a quick RPG session with some friends because they want to know what RPGs are all about.  They are big boardgamers so I wanted them to have some figures to actually move around the table just to try and connect them to what is going on.  However, I have no idea how they will receive the RPG so I don't want to go buying some expensive minis and paint them up.  So for a stop gap measure I am looking for some paper figures I can print out on card stock and use for now.  I've been inspired by the Card Hunter figures.  My problem is that I cannot seem to locate a nice collection of figures I can use.  I've seen a few here and there but they are either not what I am looking for or when combined with one another don't match in scale/style.  Anyone have any links or suggestions?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

What is the game theme? Steampunk? Medieval fantasy? Cthulu?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

if it's not fantasy, lemme know - I've got plenty of others already on my machine, like Pulp heroes or Modern Ops
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 03, 2013, 07:52:04 AM
What is the game theme? Steampunk? Medieval fantasy? Cthulu?

Sorry it is fantasy, LOTR actually.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

eyebiter

Staggerwing

Don't forget about fiddlersgreen.net. They don't have a lot of figures but there are some buildings (especially the Old English style) that might be useful for country inns and such.

Here's an iron-age village:

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/Buildings/Ironage-Village.html

And check this out:

Probably waaay more elaborate than you need but cool non-the-less. It is a bit pricey at $20 but you get their models in a number of sizes so they can be used for different scales.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys