Poland 1939

Started by Jarhead0331, August 28, 2013, 05:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

Yeah, I picked this up too. It's well done it not particularly attractive.
Easy to play and some options to vary the feel from game to game.

W8taminute

Kind of reminds me of Computer War in Europe by Decision Games.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rogo727

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2013, 05:55:43 PM
Nice counter style wargame for iOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id689544648?mt=8

It's a good game.  Needs polished tho.  Put commanders in and maybe a scenario or two.   I have splashtop and WiTe works fine and really starting to play this on my iPad.   I'm really amazed that there isn't a more in depth war game made for the iPad.  Personally I feel developers are either to lazy to take the time or deem its just not worth the time.   They would rather cater to a select few than the mass market.   Imagine if you will 50,000 people buying WiTe on the apple market.  Right now you have over 100 million people visit the apple store every day.  It's almost dumbfounding serious war game developers are so stubborn to even consider this.

Tuna

Quote from: Rogo727 on September 13, 2013, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2013, 05:55:43 PM
Nice counter style wargame for iOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id689544648?mt=8

It's a good game.  Needs polished tho.  Put commanders in and maybe a scenario or two.   I have splashtop and WiTe works fine and really starting to play this on my iPad.   I'm really amazed that there isn't a more in depth war game made for the iPad.  Personally I feel developers are either to lazy to take the time or deem its just not worth the time.   They would rather cater to a select few than the mass market.   Imagine if you will 50,000 people buying WiTe on the apple market.  Right now you have over 100 million people visit the apple store every day.  It's almost dumbfounding serious war game developers are so stubborn to even consider this.

Rogo, did you get the shortlived gaming version of splashtop? Or you using the regular Desktop?

Rogo727

Splashtop 2.  It's awesome .

Tuna

So WITE works well with it?

Rogo727

Quote from: Tuna on September 16, 2013, 08:55:13 PM
So WITE works well with it?
Yes.  In fact the only game of many on my PC that didn't work is time of wraith.

Tuna

Do you make it go to the resolution of your tablet? Or use the existing resolution of the PC?

JasonPratt

Wait, am I reading that right? There's a shell or something that allows PC games to be played on a tablet? -- even Matrix supergames like War in the East??

Because if there is, and if there's such a thing for Android systems as well, my brother will be very well served this Christmas. :)

Update: Answer 1, pretty close, it uses the pad to operate a Windows computer remotely. Might be good enough to work.
Answer 2, hell yes there's an Android edition!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!