Origins 2016 (June 15-19), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 07, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on June 09, 2016, 10:26:44 PMIs Origins in Columbus every year?

It's been permanently parked in Columbus ever since GAMA took it over.  GAMA's offices are literally across the street from the convention center in downtown Columbus.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

I'm still on track for arriving sometime Friday afternoon/evening (finally remembered to register! ::) ).  As with MetalDog, I'm staying through Sunday night, so I can help with cleanup. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 06, 2016, 08:25:28 AM
Timothy Zahn will be hanging out in the authors' area with Michael Stackpole, if you want to get yourself a "Zahn Wrote First" shirt and get him to sign it :)

It's my own fault, of course, but dammit I wish I'd seen this sooner.  I'd have ordered a shirt for my friend Amy (also a big Star Wars/Zahn fan) so I could've brought it with next week to get his signature on it.  Now, though, there's almost no way it would get here before I leave Thursday morning.  D'oh! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Ship it to Columbus. Pm me for a local address you can use
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

I've been told Ted's Montana Grill has an excellent Bison burger.  It's very close to the convention center. 

https://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/index.html
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Martok

Disregard what I said earlier, and I'm an idiot.  :uglystupid2:  I'm coming Thursday evening and leaving Sunday.  (Sheesh.) 

Finally starting to get excited!  For a long time it felt like this wasn't going to actually happen. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 10, 2016, 07:52:32 AM
Okay, I *really* should've been paying more attention to this thread.  Dammit. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Barthheart

Quote from: Martok on June 14, 2016, 11:57:38 AM
Disregard what I said earlier, and I'm an idiot.  :uglystupid2:  I'm coming Thursday evening and leaving Sunday.  (Sheesh.) 

Finally starting to get excited!  For a long time it felt like this wasn't going to actually happen. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 10, 2016, 07:52:32 AM
Okay, I *really* should've been paying more attention to this thread.  Dammit.

How late on Thursday? Look/call us up when you get in.. we'll go fer beers!  :) I don't have a cellphone... but the rest do so you should be able to reach someone.

Martok

Sounds good!  I'm shooting/hoping to get there around 7:00 p.m., although I'm allowing for later if need be; it's a fairly long-ass drive for me.  :P  I've got Brant's number, so I'll give him a ring once I've checked into my hotel. 

bbmike

So the drunk-dialing starts around 9:00 p.m.?  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Hope it all goes well! Have fun, get drunk, don't shower, and don't get laid, just like the rest of the nerds there! :)

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 15, 2016, 09:26:32 AM
Hope it all goes well! Have fun, get drunk, don't shower, and don't get laid, just like the rest of the nerds there! :)

And here.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

For those if you interested, we're going to posting a ton of pix all weekend at Twitter.com/GrogHeads

Already started today!

mirth

Looking foward to the Grogheads After Hours tweets.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 15, 2016, 03:05:28 PM
You sure about that?

No, but I'm sure I want one of those "Crit Happens" t-shirts.

bayonetbrant