Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Now Bartheart.. I'm jealous!!

kludger

CDkeys.com sent me an email with the key finally, downloading now.

Yskonyn

Cdkeys just delivered!

After the kids have had their bath (it was pretty hot today!) and are put to bed, daddy will be forging an empire!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

OJsDad

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 09, 2016, 11:50:26 AM
Cdkeys just delivered!

After the kids have had their bath (it was pretty hot today!) and are put to bed, daddy will be forging an empire!

Sounds like daddy already started an empire with mommy.  O:-)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Anguille

I am impressed to see how many of you are already playing the game!

What's this thing with the Paradox account to launch the game?

Anguille

What the! I just gave in and bought the game thanks to you guys...i't better be good!  :knuppel2:

Huw the Poo

So many people on my Steam friends list playing Stellaris right now.  I'm proud of my friends today! :D

Wolfe1759

My resistance lasted for all of half an hour - just purchased through CDKeys at £22.99 and downloading on Steam now.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Tuna

Lol and we lost power.

Yskonyn

Quote from: OJsDad on May 09, 2016, 11:52:39 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on May 09, 2016, 11:50:26 AM
Cdkeys just delivered!

Sounds like daddy already started an empire with mommy.  O:-)

Oh yes! Like a true nobility she gave me an heir before a daughter!  :smitten:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

sandman2575

So, initial impressions, oh ye who are fortunate enough to be playing whilst the rest of us languish at our places of employ?

Wolfe1759

Initial impressions - it starts, so far all I've done is started the tutorial, renamed my science vessel Boaty McBoatface and um that's about it so far. Don't think I'll really get time to play it until the weekend, there will be more helpful comments along soon I'm sure  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Anguille

Oh my gosh....60'000 people are playing it now  :o

Huw the Poo

Well, it works at least - on Linux too.  But I have to wait for the kids to go to bed, then I have to have dinner and watch Game of Thrones.  This is the first time in my life I haven't been excited to watch Game of Thrones. :D

I'm going to be so tired in work tomorrow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 09, 2016, 01:12:42 PM
So, initial impressions, oh ye who are fortunate enough to be playing whilst the rest of us languish at our places of employ?

It's a 4X.  I'm still getting used to the interface and options available so I haven't really formed any sort of opinion on the game yet.  There's already some stuff I like, some stuff I'm lukewarm on, and some stuff I think could be better.

Here are my random initial impressions.

Graphics are nice.  The main screen is accessible and clean so far.  I can see that it might get cluttered if you have a tonne of ships in a system and zoom out to the max.

I wish there were more playable races available.  I'd also like to see more customization for your leader avatar.  It's weird that if you play as the humans, you can pick from a large number of non-human avatars but you're limited to just one human (black chick for one faction, white chick for the other).

I'd like the option to use the mouse wheel to scroll out from a star system to the galaxy map instead of having to use a separate button.  I suspect that'll be an easy mod and arrive soon.

I haven't had a chance to delve too deeply into the politics/diplomacy section of the game but just glancing over the various government/ideology tabs looks very cool.  Lots of possibilities in there.  I hope they're reflected in gameplay.