Donjon

Rule of Cool's Legend RPG

CJ Carella's Witchcraft

Talislanta

Labyrinth Lord

Swords and Wizardry

Warrior, Rogue & Mage

Basic Fantasy
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

bbmike

Er, are you trying to infect our PC's with viruses?  ::) :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

thebestappgames

I have payed 2-3 of the games in the list and they are just fine. There is nothing much to get excited in these games according to me.
Read the latest reviews of the best app games on
http://thebestappgames.com/

Emeraldlis

That is a cool list brant , I've had a lot of fun just looking through all those options :) I'm gonna be trying donjon as that seems to appeal to me the most .

It took me back to being a teenager again !! I used to read a lot of those " choose your own adventure " type books , the ones that give you different options and endings . In fact my library in high school had a lot of those books on thier shelves , and that's were I'd invariably end up sometimes during my lunch break , reading those books ! And if you thought that was geeky for a boy to be doing , imagine the flack I'd have been given as a GIRL '!  I remember hiding the book in a copy of 101 Dalmatians , just in case my friends thought I was a nerd !!  ;D

I enjoyed reading your review on the front page ....yep I do go to the mythical front page , ha, the art on aria looks cool . I'm into art myself , I paint and do sketching ...I'm no Van Gogh but I do love giving it a go !
By the way can you let me know how to get a copy of pellinem Islands , I checked out bayonet games but there doesn't seem to be a way to buy it , and even if I could I'm wondering what the postage would be from USA to Ireland ?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

I have to see how many copies of the Pellinens I even have anymore.

There was a way to buy them on the website thru CCNow, but I might need to update my info with them.

Give me a few days to see what I can do.

Emeraldlis

That's great thanks , much appreciated  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Swords & Wizardry is free right now at DTRPG

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/86546/Swords-and-Wizardry-Complete-Rule-Book

There's a bunch of d6 System stuff that's all free right now, too

Double Deuce

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 19, 2015, 09:28:43 AM
Swords & Wizardry is free right now at DTRPG

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/86546/Swords-and-Wizardry-Complete-Rule-Book

There's a bunch of d6 System stuff that's all free right now, too

Looks like there is a bunch of RPG modules for free as well. I think I need to grab some of them to pilfer for ideas and maps for my 5E VTT campaign.

bayonetbrant

Nefaro

Meh.  I've long been done with the old rigid-yet-simple D&D/AD&D rules, and it's direct derivatives.  Just too obsolete, inflexible & clunky for what you get out of it, IMO.

I did notice that the two or three Chivalry & Sorcery core PDFs have been up for free download there, however.  I recall being amazed at the detail in previous version, with some interesting mechanics (focusing on APs and Fatigue in the combat, for example).  The setting is just some thin generic mythical medieval Europe, however, and that's where it's always been lacking. 

A bit OT:
Speaking of detailed "toolkit" core RPGs, I noticed a stock of RuneQuest 6th Edition hardback rulebooks (the full, massive ruleset) were marked down about 25% on Amazon in the past few days, so I jumped.  At least they have some fleshed out settings available for it, with Classical and Dark Age inspirations.  Never liked Glorantha, but the new ones look more palatable.

I know there is a basic RQ6 ruleset available, free, called "Essentials" but I liked the system years ago and have only read good things about the latest full-size version.

weateallthepies

Cards & Quests is currently free too:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/148279/Cards--Quests-An-Innovative-Fantasy-RolePlaying-Game

Looks like an interesting system that seeks to simplify things using a deck of playing cards.