Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

My main computer may be dying right now, which means I won't have access to my Grogpublic TTS files for a while -- maybe.

We can do some things anyway, up to a point, and eventually I'll get those files back to access, but I'll hit a wall at some point before then where we'll have to wait until my drive can be imported (or possibly something else fixed).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Jason sorry to hear that your Computer lmay be dying. That is always a pain. At least it is giving you a heads up. Best of luck on transferring everything over.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Tripoli on February 01, 2019, 11:02:55 PM
Jason sorry to hear that your Computer lmay be dying. That is always a pain. At least it is giving you a heads up. Best of luck on transferring everything over.

+1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Erax

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 02, 2019, 12:57:18 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on February 01, 2019, 11:02:55 PM

+1

Happened to me, it's never fun. I lost some important files but discovered I'd printed them out. Whew. Now I use cloud saves for the work related stuff.

JasonPratt

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23324.msg641553#msg641553

All hail Falcon Northwest! \o/ \o/

TO THE OUTER DARKNESS WITH AVAST PREMIUM CLEANUP, WHERE THE WAILING SHALL BE AND THE GNASHING OF THE TEETH!!
εἰς τὸ σκότος τὸ ἐξώτερον ἐκεῖ ἔσται ὁ κλαυθμὸς καὶ ὁ βρυγμὸς τῶν ὀδόντων
{eis to skotos to exo_teron} {ekei estai ho klauthmos kai ho brugmos to_n odonto_n}
>:( into the darkness the outermost where shall-be the wailing and the grinding of-the-teeth  >:(

The Grogpublic may continue now.

Malize is working on some politics behind the scenes before moving forward, but we can expect an announcement soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

malize

I'll put a major prosecution on Acilius of the Plutocrats.   Cato as Prosecutor.

JasonPratt

The Frog has been alerted, and will choose an Advocate (either Acilius himself or someone else).

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 02, 2019, 05:49:59 PM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23324.msg641553#msg641553

All hail Falcon Northwest! \o/ \o/

TO THE OUTER DARKNESS WITH AVAST PREMIUM CLEANUP, WHERE THE WAILING SHALL BE AND THE GNASHING OF THE TEETH!!
εἰς τὸ σκότος τὸ ἐξώτερον ἐκεῖ ἔσται ὁ κλαυθμὸς καὶ ὁ βρυγμὸς τῶν ὀδόντων
{eis to skotos to exo_teron} {ekei estai ho klauthmos kai ho brugmos to_n odonto_n}
>:( into the darkness the outermost where shall-be the wailing and the grinding of-the-teeth  >:(

The Grogpublic may continue now.

Malize is working on some politics behind the scenes before moving forward, but we can expect an announcement soon.

Jason-I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you.  I may have to try the Falcon NW systems when the current computer dies. FYI, I've been using Norton's, and haven't had any of the problems you describe as having with Avast

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 03, 2019, 01:45:00 PM
The Frog has been alerted, and will choose an Advocate (either Acilius himself or someone else).

Let me clarify that voting can proceed without him having chosen an Advocate yet. Strictly speaking he doesn't have to do that until before the final Trial.

JasonPratt

I'll start the Trial's vote counting.

Acilius' Influence = +6 FOR Acquittal.
Plutocrat Provisional votes = +16. (Plutocrats haven't officially voted yet.)
Populist Provisional votes = -25 AGAINST Acquittal. (ditto)

Current provisional net votes = -3 AGAINST Acquittal.

Erax

The Progressives vote against acquittal (gaining some influence).

JasonPratt

The Progressives add -7 and -4 activist votes AGAINST Acquittal.

New (provisional) Net total: -14 votes.

Both of the Progressive senators will earn 1 Influence, win or lose.

JasonPratt

Doing some other upkeep meanwhile, put off while my computer was sick with the Avast Cleaner crud:

Junius, having been elected Censor, gains 5 influence, up from 8 to 13. Populist total Influence now 24.

Also, the Frog says Acilius will Advocate for himself. He has not officially declared the Plutocrat vote yet (thus neither yet decided on making a Popular Appeal).

Tripoli

Militarists vote FOR conviction, ie., AGAINST acquittal

Jason-Just out of curiosity-When did you learn Greek?  Was that part of your Biblical studies?

JasonPratt

Yep! -- but not official study, just picked up the ability to pick out things over the years. In this case I was patching together a couple of well-known Synoptic phrases from GosLuke and GosMatt.

I do a lot of exegetical commentary writing (unofficially), so being able to at least use grammatic tools and sources is important, even if I can't always pick out things by eye. I focus more on narrative and thematic contexts, but sometimes grammar can turn up interesting things.