10 Bands I've Seen Live...

Started by bayonetbrant, April 26, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on May 01, 2017, 10:26:22 AMYep - Buster Poindexter was the middle act for somebody.  Pat Benatar maybe?  Buster was actually pretty good live.  I think he played some of his David Johanson stuff also.

Nothing from the New York Dolls?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 01, 2017, 10:55:14 AM
Quote from: airboy on May 01, 2017, 10:26:22 AMYep - Buster Poindexter was the middle act for somebody.  Pat Benatar maybe?  Buster was actually pretty good live.  I think he played some of his David Johanson stuff also.

Nothing from the New York Dolls?

Maybe one or two songs, but that was it.  A 50 minute performance of very dissimilar material.

MetalDog

I'm going to say Foo Fighters, airboy, and hope that I am wrong.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on May 01, 2017, 08:03:54 PM
I'm going to say Foo Fighters, airboy, and hope that I am wrong.

We saw Foo Fighters headline a small outdoor show at the Masquerade in Atlanta when they were supporting their first album.  It got unexpectedly cold and we about froze.

MetalDog

First one I've gotten wrong and I am happy about that.  Would love to have seen the Foo Fighters.

airboy

Stone Temple Pilots
Buster Poindexter
Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Yes
Cake
Tonic
Talking Heads
INXS
Foo Fighters
Blondie

Well, we are down to 8 which improves the random guess odds.

Gusington

No one on Earth has ever seen Tonic live.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Saw Tonic at a summer radio station music festival during their 15 minutes of fame.  They were very good. 

The lead singer provided one of the best lines at a concert we ever saw.  His hand was bandaged up and he made an impassioned statement against passing out drunk in your bed with a lit cigarette.  Sure convinced me!

Gusington

You sir, are one in a billion.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Stone Temple Pilots
Buster Poindexter
Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Yes
Cake
Tonic
Talking Heads
INXS
Foo Fighters
Blondie

Well, we are down to 8 7 which improves the random guess odds.

bayonetbrant

OK, here's a fresh list of 10 bands, including 1 haven't seen

1.  Stray Cats
2.  Metal Church
3.  Fishbone
4.  Information Society
5.  Widespread Panic
6.  Ice Cube
7.  Eric Clapton
8.  Quiet Riot
9.  New Kids On The Block
10. Ministry

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2018, 10:39:27 PM
OK, here's a fresh list of 10 bands, including 1 haven't seen

1.  Stray Cats
2.  Metal Church
3.  Fishbone
4.  Information Society
5.  Widespread Panic
6.  Ice Cube
7.  Eric Clapton
8.  Quiet Riot
9.  New Kids On The Block
10. Ministry

NKOTB - Just so I can laugh that you admit it...
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

@Brant - Information Society stuck out to me at first, but, now I am going with.......Information Society.  And still noone has guessed mine from last year.