Also fond of WH40K Gladius? Then behold ZEPHON!

Started by JasonPratt, August 14, 2023, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

If you're like me (and I know I am), you at least kind-of like WH40K: Gladius despite its ugly colors and underwhelming sfx. (The same team developed the underwhelming Pandora: First Contact 4x space colony game, also for Matrix, and the gameplay was pretty similar. 40K details helped a lot:Nerd: )

Now the same devs appear to be striking out on their own for their original IP followup, Zephon, which Sampstra Games got a demo to demonstrate here!

I presume this means Gladius development has ended, no more factions. But they did a very good roster eventually, more than I was expecting.

Pro: interesting cosmic-horror vs modern Earth military backstory.

Con: looks very much like a reskin of Gladius. I mean REAAAALLLY like. I defy anyone to identify the two from looking at the screen footage/shots at a distance.

Crow/Prawn: seems a lot like Gladius gameplay, too. Combat-focused 4x and tiny tinny sfx included.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!