Matrix Holdiday Sales - Now available

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 25, 2015, 05:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2015, 08:27:19 AM
On a side-note....I love the sale but the new presentation, whatever that application is they are using, is difficult to navigate....or is it just me and my 64 year old fading brain power?

I had the same problem...looked nice, but struggled a little to advance pages.

Tuna

On a side-note....I love the sale but the new presentation, whatever that application is they are using, is difficult to navigate....or is it just me and my 64 year old fading brain power?

This ^

-budd-

worked for me no problem. Full screen, zoomed with mouse, drag with mouse click and hold. The links to video's don't work for me though. Been through the list, considered a few, then came to my senses. Only one i'm really looking at is FOG, but the info is all over the place regarding an upgraded version coming out soon. I posted over at slitherine so maybe some one can clue me in. There is some good deals on good games, i just have them all. :D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

airboy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2015, 06:05:02 PM
After a quick look...nothing really stood out for me since I own most what I would consider....only one thinking about is possibly Advanced Tactics Gold for $15, but not sure if that is my thing.

Advanced Tactics Gold is a great sandbox modern weapons wargame.  I envision it as the very old Empire with a lot more choice in Weapons & Tactics.  I very much enjoy it - but it is not really tied to any specific historical conflict very well.  But it is an excellent, moderately complicated 4x wargame.  You could spend your $15 and get a lot less than this game.

airboy

I will probably buy Distant Worlds this pass - even though I have a stack of games I have not played and am currently immersed in Fallout 4.

Wolfe1759

I've pretty much got all the Matrix Games that interest me but I might be tempted to look at Scourge of War.

If you don't already have it I'd also highly recommend Gary Grigsby's World At War: A World Divided at only £7.90 / $9.99 - Global scale WW2 that you can conceivably play to conclusion in one (longish) sitting, a bit different to Gary's other games  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Xtiaan72

I'll take your word on it when I have the time.

Martok

Steam has a 24-hour flash sale on Distant Worlds: Universe -- $29.99 (50% off). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Quote from: Martok on November 26, 2015, 04:29:17 PM
Steam has a 24-hour flash sale on Distant Worlds: Universe -- $29.99 (50% off).

And I bought it.  Thanks for the info - I almost never look at Steam sales.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Still dithering over Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich but even at 50% off, that's asking a lot for a game based off an early 90's engine.

Staggerwing

For any Steel Panthers fans the Steel Panthers World At War General Edition is a great deal @ $24.99 USD. There are four dynamically linked campaigns covering different areas of WW2 and each campaign comes in a sort of 'story wrapper' with maps and related media/reports/period photos. For some reason the campaigns are not listed as to theme on the website but I recall an NA campaign, a Screaming Eagles campaign, and a Guadalcanal one.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 26, 2015, 09:55:50 PM
For any Steel Panthers fans the Steel Panthers World At War General Edition is a great deal @ $24.99 USD. There are four dynamically linked campaigns covering different areas of WW2 and each campaign comes in a sort of 'story wrapper' with maps and related media/reports/period photos. For some reason the campaigns are not listed as to theme on the website but I recall an NA campaign, a Screaming Eagles campaign, and a Guadalcanal one.

Lost victories was the Russian one. Believe Wild Bill did the mega campaigns.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

gameleaper

well Ive had harpoon 3 for years, but sadly never took it-up , so I thought why buy another naval sim. then I saw COMMAND.  MODERN AIR / NAVAL OPERATIONS was half price in the sale, so I struggled with the buy button, but then bought it. I have done the first air strike tutorial 3 times, I downloaded the community mod that did not work(I will have to find better install instructions) but the time I spent on the game has been a really rich experience - I am happy as I could be for an xmass gift to myself, if you want a fantastic game look no further , this is what I wanted from a wargame. I know all you guys knew about it already I'm just saying if you don't have it get it now.

PS: take my advise and download the 4GB patch, its a much better game with the patch.

ArizonaTank

I agree, it is very hard to navigate. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: airboy on November 26, 2015, 10:55:21 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2015, 06:05:02 PM
After a quick look...nothing really stood out for me since I own most what I would consider....only one thinking about is possibly Advanced Tactics Gold for $15, but not sure if that is my thing.

Advanced Tactics Gold is a great sandbox modern weapons wargame.  I envision it as the very old Empire with a lot more choice in Weapons & Tactics.  I very much enjoy it - but it is not really tied to any specific historical conflict very well.  But it is an excellent, moderately complicated 4x wargame.  You could spend your $15 and get a lot less than this game.

I picked up ATG. The concept of the game engine has always intrigued me and for the price I thought it was worth a try.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.