Armada 2526 Supernova PBEM campaigns

Started by Martok, February 14, 2012, 03:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

(Credit goes to NorwegianBlood at the old site for noticing this.) 

GetGamesGo currently has Armada Gold (the original game + the Supernova expansion) on sale for just $7.00! 

Link

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

Quote from: LongBlade on February 24, 2012, 05:46:47 PM
Klingons! So unreliable.
No, that would be the Romulans.  (Unless you're a TOS fan, in which case, yes you'd be correct.)  :P 

Quote from: Epee1 on February 24, 2012, 07:50:27 PM
Quote from: Martok on February 24, 2012, 05:43:59 PM
Just a general heads-up to my fellow PBEM players: 

I'm about to head to bed, after which I will be away from my computer til Monday night (going to La Crosse again), so I won't be able to play any of my turns til then.  Apologies for forgetting to mention this earlier!  :-[

Won't matter, I will still be at 4 colonies when you get back.
What precisely is your strategic situation, anyway?  Hemmed in by aggressive/warlike neighbors, or just hemmed in but otherwise left alone? 

Quote from: W8taminute on February 24, 2012, 10:03:13 PM
Whoo hoo!  I played my first turn and using the ingame send feature I think my turn has been sent to the next player.  Please let me know if you received it or not.
Cool!  I'll make sure to check when I get back. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Staggerwing

Quote from: Martok on February 25, 2012, 06:47:32 AM

GetGamesGo currently has Armada Gold (the original game + the Supernova expansion) on sale for just $7.00! 

Link

Anyone purchase from them before? Are they reliable? I worry about security when buying from someone I've never heard of.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 25, 2012, 07:29:30 AM

Link

Anyone purchase from them before? Are they reliable? I worry about security when buying from someone I've never heard of.

Agreed, that's why I only buy from Steam or Gamersgate.  I'd be interested as well though if anyone has bought from them. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on February 25, 2012, 06:50:00 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 24, 2012, 05:46:47 PM
Klingons! So unreliable.
No, that would be the Romulans.  (Unless you're a TOS fan, in which case, yes you'd be correct.)  :P 

There is nothing but TOS.

(except some decent DS9 and the last season of Enterprise)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Epee1

Martok,

For the moment left alone, I'm not worth bothering with.   ;D

Martok

Okay, I'm back! 

Looks like all my PBEM's (whether I'm a host or participant) are moving along again.  I received the first turn in Shelldrake's 3-way coop campaign with W8taminute and myself; in addition, spelk and I appear to have finally gotten around whatever glitch was preventing me from receiving turns.  (My game with Epee and my other game with Shelldrake continue as normal.)  Woo! 

Quote from: Epee1 on February 25, 2012, 07:16:49 PM
Martok,

For the moment left alone, I'm not worth bothering with.   ;D
Heh.  Fair enough.  :)  I'm gonna see what I can do about starting to move towards the middle where you're at (which will require getting the Walden out of my way), but it's still going to be a while! 

Martok

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 25, 2012, 07:29:30 AM

Link

FWIW, at least one person over at TotalWar.Org (where I also mentioned the sale) has said they purchased & downloaded Armada Gold without any problems. 

Martok

Hey spelk, did we lose our game again?  I just realized I haven't received a turn from you in a while now (almost 2 weeks, I think?). 

republic

Let me know when you guys are ready for another game, I'd like to try it out.

Epee1

spelk

Quote from: Martok on March 10, 2012, 02:06:17 PM
Hey spelk, did we lose our game again?  I just realized I haven't received a turn from you in a while now (almost 2 weeks, I think?).

No the games ok, I've been a bit distracted. I've churned through the latest turn, turn 18 I think. I've had a bit of difficulty getting to grips with what I was actually trying to do. We seem to be hemmed in a bit, not sure I'm up to starting any wars to aid expansion, but soon I think thats going to have to happen.

Martok

Quote from: republic on March 10, 2012, 03:02:18 PM
Let me know when you guys are ready for another game, I'd like to try it out.
I'd be up for starting another game!  Anyone else? 

Quote from: Epee1 on March 11, 2012, 12:08:37 PM
Still at 4 planets.  LOL
Am finally in consolidation mode.  Need to build up my colonies so that I can then take out the Walden.  I always feel a little bad declaring war on those chaps, but they're in my way...  ;) 

Quote from: spelk on March 11, 2012, 12:11:02 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 10, 2012, 02:06:17 PM

No the games ok, I've been a bit distracted. I've churned through the latest turn, turn 18 I think. I've had a bit of difficulty getting to grips with what I was actually trying to do. We seem to be hemmed in a bit, not sure I'm up to starting any wars to aid expansion, but soon I think thats going to have to happen.
Ah, sorry man.  Now I kinda feel like an ass; I didn't mean to nag or push you!  I just was worried that we were having issues again. 

Yeah, I think I'm going to have attack the Xpectrada in the near future.  That is, if I'm going to have any chance of making some headway! 

spelk

Quote from: Martok on March 11, 2012, 02:35:31 PM
Ah, sorry man.  Now I kinda feel like an ass; I didn't mean to nag or push you!  I just was worried that we were having issues again. 

Hey no worries man, don't feel bad - it's me who was slacking on the turn front :)

Yeah, I think I'm going to have attack the Xpectrada in the near future.  That is, if I'm going to have any chance of making some headway!

Ok, I'll gear up for war against the Xpectrada - currently worried about all the yellow planets to the south of my homeworld. We'll do it together and hopefully one of us will survive.

Martok

Hey Shelldrake, I've been getting "Unable to create game" error messages the last few days, where the game refuses to load and I can't play my turn(s).  You having any problems on your end?  (This is in our original 2-player campaign.) 

Quote from: spelk on March 11, 2012, 06:33:38 PM

Ok, I'll gear up for war against the Xpectrada - currently worried about all the yellow planets to the south of my homeworld. We'll do it together and hopefully one of us will survive.
Sounds like a plan. 

I'd love to launch an "alpha strike" on their homeworld (it's within my range!).  However, even together, I don't think we'd be able to put together a powerful enough fleet for the task, so we'll have to settle for picking off their colonies for now.