Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

you want some real fun?  The Mynah Birds: Neil Young + Rick James
Then James got arrested, joined the Navy instead of jail, and Neil Young headed off with Buffalo Springfield on his way to CSNY

[yt]https://youtu.be/x29oJCS2r20[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Sounds like a typical mid-Sixties Motown offering.  However, the implications of things that could have been had the band stayed together.  At least Rick & Neil.  MAN that mighta been really good.

A fun little song about car racing

The Texas blues masters playing Chicago blues

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

y'know, I can appreciate the talent, but I just don't enjoy listening to ZZ Top anymore.  There's just so much other stuff I'd rather hear than them these days.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I feel that way about alot of music.  Well put, Brant.

bayonetbrant

My list of "guys who can play but I don't enjoy listening to..." isn't that long, but it's some talented names

--  ZZ Top
--  King's X
--  George Thorogood
--  Mumford & Sons
--  Mudhoney

MetalDog

AC/DC & Lynyrd Skynyrd I immediately turn off. 
Anything that's been played to death.  For instance, 'Another Brick in the Wall, Part Whatever.' 
Pretty much any hair metal. 
Def Leppard. 
It varies according to my mood.  But that's most of it.

jamus34

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
y'know, I can appreciate the talent, but I just don't enjoy listening to ZZ Top anymore.  There's just so much other stuff I'd rather hear than them these days.

Pretty much how I feel about van Halen and Aerosmith nowadays
Insert witty comment here.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 03, 2017, 08:38:25 PM
Thrillah, Baby!

There really are no words  ;D ;D I think Jacko may have just turned a time or two in his grave with that offering !!!! 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2017, 08:40:27 PM
worst commercial / promo video EVAH?

[yt]https://youtu.be/ktQOLO4U5iQ[/yt]

I don't think "dinga dinga dee " is gonna catch on anytime soon !!!  ;D and I actually like Indian culture ......and ya just ruined it for me .......yeah, sheesh .....thanks for that mate !!!! ;D

Quote from: MetalDog on February 03, 2017, 09:42:03 PM
Dug these guys before there was a Black Crowes.  The whole first album is lost gold.  One of the many nuggets:

THAT track is awesome ...WOW , very drum heavy and totally awesome  :D I liked a lot of the black crowes stuff just posted , but that track I really liked :)

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2017, 09:46:56 PM
you want some real fun?  The Mynah Birds: Neil Young + Rick James
Then James got arrested, joined the Navy instead of jail, and Neil Young headed off with Buffalo Springfield on his way to CSNY

[yt]https://youtu.be/x29oJCS2r20[/yt]

I found myself movin and shakin and boppin along to this track :) I thought it had a really nice groove going on  8)

I'm still in a musical Collins mood :) he's playing congas on this track , and FWIW I think George Harrison would have been damn lucky to have PC playing on his ,All things shall pass , track after he left the Beatles , 'cuz Collins can defiantly play them :)

This is the same song , but with a behind the scenes look at what's going on onstage during a live show , I think it's awesome to get a look at the set up and all the work that must go into that  :) it's showcasing Chester Thompson the drummer with Phil Collins for 30 years . I believe he drummed for Led Zep and Frank Zappa :)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

:DD......love that AD !!!!  ;D if a drum playing gorilla is selling chocolate ...I'm buying  ;D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

Not quite as weird as this one

[yt]https://youtu.be/5aDCrYUKIMo[/yt]

which lead to this utterly immortal moment in parody TV, but only 3 of us here at GH will get it b/c there soccer humour in it...

skip to the last 90 seconds to see the parody

[yt]https://youtu.be/Jl9kLJSX5QQ[/yt]

Emeraldlis

I very clearly remember that eyebrow ad , mainly because every kid I know ...including my own, tried to copy it , it became a craze annnnnd it drove me crazy !!!! ;D

Soccer......uhm , don't you mean football  ;) hehe , that was really funny  :2funny: I don't follow the footie , as in I don't really support a team . But I will watch an international match , or the world cup ...definitely watch that , or if it's a match everyone is talking about and there are top class players in it , then I'll watch that too :) I grew up outside of Manchester in the U.K. , so I've kind of grown up surrounded by footie and talk of footie , in my school you either supported MAN city or MAN U . I remember one kid running through our school one day shouting EVERTON .....yep , never saw that kid again !!!!  ;D took his life in his own hands , literally the whole corridor of lads chased him , haha , bonkers !!!! And to make it worse he was brandishing an Everton scarf  :uglystupid2:

So yeah , I do know who's who in the world of soccer mostly.......so I got the parody , and it's hilarious  :DD maybe Wayne Rooney can't move his eyebrows cos he's been using too much of Coleens Botox !!!!  :D

Rugby was big in my town as well , massive rivalry between neighbouring town teams .....yikes !!! I used to go and watch a couple of matches b/c we knew the team captain on our team , and he was scarily big , used to intimidate the heck out of me , lol , :)

Pete Dero

Windigo

Hey Pete,
I think Selah and the boys were hitting something a little too hard before that curtain call.... man their timing's $#@'d-up.
Blues/jazzy number or not.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Emeraldlis

I thought Duffy was better ....

My favourite of hers though is Warwick Avenue