Check out the latest build of Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, January 17, 2016, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Do you need 'real money' after you buy a ship or package.

Most packages come with 3 months insurance (the faq mention that if you lose your ship and don't have insurance you will have to rebuy that ship).  Can you get extra insurance without spending extra cash ?

Is it like in Elite Dangerous where you have to restart with a basic sidewinder if you run out of in game money ?

JudgeDredd

I honestly have no idea. I literally picked it up the other day, fumbled around a bit, struggled a bit, eventually got in and flew for a while and performed one of the "race" missions - unsuccessfully I should add.

If I can tear myself away from my garage for a bit, I might jump in and try a bit of combat.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 04:26:39 AM
I honestly have no idea.

Better find out before you buy that $ 3.000 package  ;).

JudgeDredd

My financial investment in the game stops at this package.

Next year is a "no buy" on the game front (board or computer) and I'll be focusing on the games I have.  >:D
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 04:50:09 AM
Next year is a "no buy" on the game front (board or computer) and I'll be focusing on the games I have.  >:D

"No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy"

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 04:50:09 AM
My financial investment in the game stops at this package.

:DD

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 06:00:59 AM
I know - but this time, it's da troof  :peace:

Stay strong!  At least for a couple of days:)

I don't even bother hinting at reducing my purchases since I know I will fail....but I really should since I increasingly i am becoming a game collector versus serious player.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 01:30:25 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 29, 2016, 07:38:01 PM
Sweet! What ship did you get? What's your handle?
I'm more of a trader than a fighter, so I went with the Aurora MR.

I *think* it's JudgeDredd. I say *think* because it wanted 3 different details - in game, in forum and login or something.

Well, I went and looked in game...it shows 2 names on the top right JudgeDredd and JudgeDredd67. I remember when creating an account that it wanted two names in the top right of the registration form - though I can't remember what they were I'm sure one was the in game moniker and one was for forum identity. I don't recall which I selected for what - I know JudgeDredd was taken for one of them but not the other, hence why one of them is JudgeDredd67

Sorry I can't be clearer  :-X

It's a good starter ship, but bear in mind that there is no trading in the game yet. I believe that is scheduled for the 3.0 build which might not be released for quite sometime.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

^ Understood.

I saw the Mustang Alpha also had a cargo module - but when doing the ship comparison thingy, the Aurora had a bigger bucket.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 30, 2016, 03:51:00 AM
Do you need 'real money' after you buy a ship or package.

Most packages come with 3 months insurance (the faq mention that if you lose your ship and don't have insurance you will have to rebuy that ship).  Can you get extra insurance without spending extra cash ?

Is it like in Elite Dangerous where you have to restart with a basic sidewinder if you run out of in game money ?

Insurance is not a requirement in the alpha build. You do not need to rebuy your ship if it is destroyed. Once the game is released and everything is implemented, you will not need to buy anything with real cash and everything can be purchased with in game currency.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 06:06:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 06:00:59 AM
I know - but this time, it's da troof  :peace:

Stay strong!  At least for a couple of days:)

I don't even bother hinting at reducing my purchases since I know I will fail....but I really should since I increasingly i am becoming a game collector versus serious player.
Next year is the year my friend. No more purchases. Read it loud and clear...it's happenin!  :knuppel2:

I'm going to make models and play board games. I've got LOTS to get on with.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

So let the game download overnight (was really slow) and went to play this morning, now doing another update so hopefully will be able checkout at some point today.....but while I wait, a couple of questions.

1)  What exactly is Squadron 42?  Noticed it was a separate cost then my starter package that I received.  My starter package is the Mustang.
2)  Is there any other add-ons that must be purchased to get the complete experience (not meaning ships, but other gameplay modes) ?

Thanks.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 07:06:53 AM
So let the game download overnight (was really slow) and went to play this morning, now doing another update so hopefully will be able checkout at some point today.....but while I wait, a couple of questions.

1)  What exactly is Squadron 42?  Noticed it was a separate cost then my starter package that I received.  My starter package is the Mustang.
2)  Is there any other add-ons that must be purchased to get the complete experience (not meaning ships, but other gameplay modes) ?

Thanks.

1. Squadron 42 is the single player campaign that is going to offer an experience along wing commander lines. It will not be released most likely for at least another 2 years. Squadron 42 used to come with all ship packages, but some time ago CIG split it up and SQ42 became a separate purchase. They still have packages that include it, but I guess the cost is a little higher.

2. No. unless they raise another 100 million and the stretch goals once again expand the scope of the game.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper