Main Menu

Ant-Man

Started by mirth, January 07, 2015, 11:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I'm totally underwhelmed. Rudd might be a good player for this one, but the movie trailer just doesn't impress all that much. Then again I never was much a fan of Ant-Man though I liked the crossover stories they did when he was in the Iron Man comics.

Sir Slash

Agree. Wasn't impressed at all. And Michael Douglas? Maybe I'll watch if they shrink him.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

without Janet Van Dyne, I'm just pissed...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I liked Wasp a lot more. I don't understand why they don't have her in Marvel film mythos yet, but I guess they can't cover everyone. I mean if you're going to do an Ant-Man or a Black Panther, for frig's sake you need Wasp. Not having her in the Avengers was just weird.

bayonetbrant

apparently in the MCU, she's already dead, and her daughter (?!) is going to be in Ant-Man
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

My faith in the MCU is well-grounded from past experience; and I still thought that trailer seemed dubious.

The joke of having the teaser for the trailer play so small you can't see what's going on, was much better. Ant-Man, and even Giant-Man (and the various permutations thereof), is not an inherently grim Batmanesque idea or character. The tone ought to be much more like Guardians. This kind of seemed like it should be for, I dunno, the Punisher.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 07, 2015, 01:50:20 PM
I liked Wasp a lot more. I don't understand why they don't have her in Marvel film mythos yet, but I guess they can't cover everyone. I mean if you're going to do an Ant-Man or a Black Panther, for frig's sake you need Wasp. Not having her in the Avengers was just weird.

100% agreement.
Any time is a good time for pie.

JasonPratt

But... but they had a completely unpowered woman in the Avengers movie, who rarely does anything with the group in the comics! What more did you want!?  :P

(Almost anyone actually.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

The thing that struck me the other day, as I was reading about the new Peggy Carter show, is that I want more Marvel, but I want it done well.  Every effort.  And as Peter Jackson showed me with his loose adherence to the Lord of the Rings, I can get what I want, but there will be disappointment mixed in.  Having said that, as soon as I heard Michael Douglas's voice, I pictured him as Liberace.  I'll never be able to seperate the two again. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Lol. I love you princesses. We're in a golden age of comic book based movies and you're still bitching and moaning!  :uglystupid2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on January 07, 2015, 06:53:35 PM
Having said that, as soon as I heard Michael Douglas's voice, I pictured him as Liberace.  I'll never be able to seperate the two again.

:2funny:

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2015, 08:06:39 PM
Lol. I love you princesses. We're in a golden age of comic book based movies and you're still bitching and moaning!  :uglystupid2:

Is it really too much to ask for an adherence to what I enjoy in its original, unaltered form?  Obviously, there was something compelling and entertaining in it that I, and however many others, spent the time, money, and effort to become fans.  So, because someone gives you a boatload of money and says, "Have it it!," you can put out what ever 'your,' spin is?  Because, of course, you know better what people like, which is why this property has become available in the first place.  The author was just preparing a template for you to take it to greater heights!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

"Bitching and moaning" is the God-given right of any comic book nerd/aficionado.