The Bastard Executioner

Started by MetalDog, February 24, 2015, 07:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well that sucks.  While I wasn't hooked like I was for SoA, I was looking forward to where Sutter and crew were going to bring this.  In his own words, from the Variety article Grim linked above, ""It was a dense mythology," he said. "It was historically based. I do think they're harder to plug into. It takes more time for people to find those shows and to have the energy to sit and watch them. ... My sense is a year from now when people have the time and energy, they'll watch and some of them will be like, 'What happened?'" 

I will be one of the ones wondering, "What happened?"  Brattle's secret was out in the open.  Everyone knew who and what he was.  There was detente with everyone and the characters were put on the path to next season.  And I will miss the Baroness most of all :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Everything was resolved except for Sagal's character( SPOILER AHEAD) being the one who actually killed the Executioner's wife. I was waiting to see where Sutter was going with this why. I'll miss it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

[SPOILER ALERT] It was the Templar as did the deed, non?

Staggerwing

I've not seen any of the episodes yet. Does the single season actually wrap up enough plot points to be watchable as is? Shows that are aborted with too many loose ends are the main reason I watch so little TV now.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Sir Slash

I remember it being Katey herself that( SPOILER ALERT) did the deed. But maybe I mis-remembered it. And who left the sacrificed bodies scattered around? Could it have been the Goat Boy? He did follow the girl into the woods after letting her go. Damn. Now I want a second season.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

First one to talk to Kurt Sutter asks him how it ends :)

Grim.Reaper

If they cancel shows, would be kind of nice if they released some kind of summary on how it was planned to turn out.  But guessing they don't in case it ever gets revived or likely because the plot evolves as the season goes on.

(Spoiler) As for who killed the wife, I don't believe it was ever clearly stated....I just remember them showing a dagger in possession of the healer and companion that appeared to be the weapon used, but not sure ever confirmed and if so, which one actually did it.  The wife appeared to know her attacker, which probably doesn't rule anyone out.  Maybe it was neither of them since so obvious:). Again, unless I missed in one of the episodes where things were confirmed, always possible.

MetalDog

I just went back to see if I could get the premier episode On Demand and I couldn't.  But I seem to remember that during the attack on the village, the Reeve had Brattle's wife, told her he was going to let her go and to run as far as she could.  Shortly thereafter, the Templar found and murdered her. 

Total speculation on my part, iirc, Wilkin said it was his wife and baby girl that were killed.  Annora told him that they, Wilkin and Annora, had the blood of Jesus in their veins.  Wilkin and the Baroness were supposed to have a son.  It's possible that Wilkin's wife and daughter were killed because a wife would be problematic and a girl child would be able to spread the Blood outside of Seraphim control.

Grim.Reaper

I do think one of the two did it, likely for the reasons you stated...just don't think the show actually showed it...left it more as speculation.