Main Menu

SpaceX

Started by steve58, April 13, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

DoctorQuest

Visions of the "Heavy Metal" opening sequence...
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Barthheart

Yeah, thought that too...

BanzaiCat

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

steve58

Last pic of Starman in Roadster en route to Mars Orbit and then the Asteroid Belt.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/02/08/elon-musk-posts-final-photo-tesla-roadster-headed-to-asteroid-belt.html

p.s.  These pics of Starman remind me of Tommy Lee Jones in Space Cowboys.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

Very cool. I got an Aunt and Uncle that live over there. Maybe next time I'll go give it a look-see.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

Quote from: steve58 on February 08, 2018, 09:53:06 AM
Last pic of Starman in Roadster en route to Mars Orbit and then the Asteroid Belt.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/02/08/elon-musk-posts-final-photo-tesla-roadster-headed-to-asteroid-belt.html

p.s.  These pics of Starman remind me of Tommy Lee Jones in Space Cowboys.

he said the battery will last 12 h and it only last 4h

that's the reason why full electrical cars (any brand) are only good as a spare for suburbs short trips from the white picket fence to the farmers market and back   ^-^

I would have put a Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator in that "demonstrator payload"  and it would be sending cool Starman pix with Mars in the background
(with Musk's name, money and influence it should be possible to get a waiver from administration to buy/build and launch one, even so it contains a little Pu   ...or take Strontium 90 like the Russian did to avoid the shitstorm cause of Pu in the social media)     

Sir Slash

Isn't this kind of like 'littering' in space?  ???
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

What makes you think we weren't littering in space before this?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

We've been littering space for 50 years.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth