Game of Thrones Season 7

Started by MetalDog, July 01, 2017, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^That's my standard reaction to her for the past year. Today she feels dumpy and depressed because she had trouble fitting in to her jeans. Don't get me wrong I would still spank her, but the mid 30s are screaming for her, taking no prisoners.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Fishing for compliments from the Gusinator, huh?

Gusington

I'm not that easy. Her ass does look like 20 pounds of chewed bubblegum. In a year it will be 30 pounds.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ghostryder

Bing watched season 7 over the last couple days. Being a short 7 episode season it wasn't that bing worthy---but the shows so good I could never wait a week for an episode---thank you amazon.

The season was filled with battles--so much so I believe most of the budget was spent on them. The battles were done good but the short season compressed the story so much it felt sort changed and forced. The connection between Jon Snow and the dragon queen just never convinced me- probably due to lack of scenes/time. With Snow's true identity known (at least to the viewer and not Snow as of yet) it gives one to wonder what the last season will bring. The dragon queen has indeed spent 7 seasons working to get the iron thrown--remembering how easily she dismissed her brother's death to the melting gold crown it's hard to imagine once knowledge of snow reveals itself to her she'll just bend a knee to him or even agree the two rule together. Seeing how Snow has never shown an interest in ruling to begin with I half expect he'll refuse anyway...and with Martin far short of writing the last 2 books- which at this rate he may die before they release-- the season's ending are at the hands of HBO writer's.

I've read they've wrapped the season writing and are now actually writing spin-off show episodes-- so much like Breaking Bad we're going to get at least one 'Better call Saul".

So how it all ends is a pretty good quess either snow or his rival lover will rule or both. And we can imagine how the lannistars come to a end. My guess killing the head of the undead will kill the rest--we might see another dragon death with just one surviving-so the King/Queen of the Iron thrown can do the ending scene for the show.

Overall story wise I was disappointed. Seeing little finger die was half expected-- where most of the season tried to crame so many storylines in they almost all failed to convince. No this season was about the action scenes. the drama scenes fell short for me. --I understand the reason for the short season---so they could shoot during winter- but that really hurt -- we needed 3 more episodes to get the story we got--

My personal feeling after the season---The Dragon queen lost some of her appeal to me. Snow was basically out of character--I know coming back from the dead is a jolt but his personality never recovered. The rest of the side characters-the few the season dealt with--all felt rushed -- and the show just failed to deliver the drama it usually shines at.

undercovergeek

Woman at work bets her life savings cersei is going to die in childhood but not before she sees it's a dwarf

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 29, 2017, 03:34:22 PM
Woman at work bets her life savings cersei is going to die in childhood but not before she sees it's a dwarf

That would be epic.

I'm thinking The Night King is Bran. I never really saw it before but if you look at the two of them side to side, it looks like the same actor.

bayonetbrant

plus they have the same clasp at the base of their necks holding their capes/cloaks/whatevers on
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

No kidding? I didn't notice that; interesting.

ghostryder

Quote from: MetalDog on August 21, 2017, 07:28:23 PM
Martin wrote himself into a hole with "Dance With Dragons.'  It's just not a very good book.  At least not in my opinion. 

And I have to think that he shared the whole shooting match with Benioff and Weiss before they even made one episode.  So while the shows may have exploded, I don't know as that is causing Martin any consternation.  He's worked in tv before so he knows how this all works.

He really stalled on the book--there's even websites devoted to "just write the damn thing". He's said he's pulled and replaced chapters and then put them back...etc--I think he knew the book was falling short and he struggled trying to fix it- and the more he struggled the worse it got.

bob48

You have to wonder if the last 2 books will ever get published - or even written if it comes to that.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

The brann/night king thing is a decently subscribed to theory

I don't know what it means but it's also the first time EVER Jamie has got on a horse that isn't white when he left cersei

ghostryder

2 actors have played the Knight king- in season 4 it was Richard Brake. From season six and onwards, he has been replaced by Slovak stunt actor Vladimir Furdik. In the books, the King was not a White Walker himself but rather a fallen commander of the Night Watch who sold his soul for the affection of a  woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars" – a White Walker.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers