Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by steve58, September 06, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

If I wasn't on my kindle I could pull up better pictures but you get the idea.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^Best news you've had all day.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Toonces on September 06, 2017, 07:44:12 PM

48 hour forecast. You can see how the high has weakened and moved north and east.

what does that mean then?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Mirth has a room ready for you.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 06, 2017, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: Toonces on September 06, 2017, 07:44:12 PM

48 hour forecast. You can see how the high has weakened and moved north and east.

what does that mean then?

Take Hill 596 and set up AT assets ASAP, then wait for the opfor to come to you.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

No hurricane should be named Winslow.

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on September 06, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

Isn't that where some girl ('my Lord') in a flat bed Ford slowed down to take a look at Glen Frey?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 06, 2017, 09:40:56 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 06, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

Isn't that where some girl ('my Lord') in a flat bed Ford slowed down to take a look at Glen Frey?

Yer reachin old timer ;)

Sir Slash

I'm hoping when the Jet Stream comes down to pick Irma up she doesn't play hard to get and not get in his car.... "Get in tha car Bee-itch".  :knuppel2:   

In 2004 Hurricane Charlie was supposed to go up the west coast of Florida and then turn inland on a cold front into Tampa Bay. He turned inland about 90 miles south of that and hit us directly. We got about 2 hours warning before he hit. That's not even time enough to get a really good drunk to carry you through the storm.

I hope like hell the tracks are better now and she stays out to sea. But when storms get as big as this one they can pretty much do anything they feel like. The most dangerous part for me will be explaining to my wife how everything in the fridge got ruined because I had the generator hooked up to the computer to play Age of Charlemagne and ACW 2.  ::)   Women just don't understand.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 06, 2017, 10:05:33 PM
I'm hoping when the Jet Stream comes down to pick Irma up she doesn't play hard to get and not get in his car.... "Get in tha car Bee-itch".  :knuppel2:   

In 2004 Hurricane Charlie was supposed to go up the west coast of Florida and then turn inland on a cold front into Tampa Bay. He turned inland about 90 miles south of that and hit us directly. We got about 2 hours warning before he hit. That's not even time enough to get a really good drunk to carry you through the storm.

I hope like hell the tracks are better now and she stays out to sea. But when storms get as big as this one they can pretty much do anything they feel like. The most dangerous part for me will be explaining to my wife how everything in the fridge got ruined because I had the generator hooked up to the computer to play Age of Charlemagne and ACW 2.  ::)   Women just don't understand.

It went right up the Peace River and wrecked a whole bunch of stuff.  It was a tiny, but strong sucker.  I thought it was a Category 3.  Turns out, it was a 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MikeGER

Toonces

Man alive that's funny S. Slash!   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs