The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves is on sale at GOG right now for $10 off.

$4.99  no DRM.

I wasn't all that into it but some people really love it.  The gameplay & them is certainly an interesting change.

http://www.gog.com/game/sangfroid_tales_of_werewolves

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 10:32:43 PM
Amazon.com is offering Freyja's Bundle for $12.99 U.S. It includes:
1. Alan Wake Collector's Bundle
2. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
3. Darksiders II DLC - Angel of Death Pack
4. Darksiders II DLC - Argul's Tomb
5. Darksiders II DLC - Deadly Despair
6. Darksiders II DLC - Death Rides
7. Darksiders II DLC - Fletcher's Crow Hammer
8. Darksiders II DLC - Mace Maximus
9. Darksiders II DLC - Mortis
10. Darksiders II DLC - Rusanov's Axe
11. Darksiders II DLC - Van der Schmash Hammer
12. Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge
13. Darksiders II Season Pass (DLC)
14. Darksiders II
15. Darksiders
16. Supreme Commander
17. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
18. Titan Quest Gold

It looks like there are Steam codes on all of them.

Wow...if you also have any of amazons credit from the holiday sale it makes it only $7.99 too.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on January 08, 2014, 11:31:42 PM
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves is on sale at GOG right now for $10 off.

$4.99  no DRM.

I wasn't all that into it but some people really love it.  The gameplay & them is certainly an interesting change.

http://www.gog.com/game/sangfroid_tales_of_werewolves

My love for that game is no secret,
I cannot restrain my SONNNNGGGGgggrgsrrgrg.... {mauled to death by windigos}

(Note: there are no singing lumberjacks in this game. Or singing-anything-elses.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Then why buy it? And don't let Windy treat you so poorly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

I noticed that both Sid Meier's Ace Patrol games are on sale at Amazon for $5.99 (Steam Code).

Amazon Ace Patrol Sale

Fun TBS.

steve58

The Humble Weekly Bundle:

• ARMA II
  • ARMA: Gold Edition
  • ARMA Tactics
  • Alpha Prime
  • Take On Helicopters
  • UFO: Afterlight

Pay $6 or more and you'll also receive:

• Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
  • Arma II: Operation Arrowhead
  • ARMA II: DayZ Mod

All these games run on Steam for Windows. ARMA Tactics is also available on Mac and Linux.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Gamestop has Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection for $4.99.  Includes:

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
Command & Conquer Red Alert
Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
Command & Conquer Renegade
Command & Conquer Generals
Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

Also:

Updated to run on the Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 operating systems

A compilation of the best music spanning the Command & Conquer universe

Early access to the next Command & Conquer game.

Warning:  requires Origin :-\

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on January 16, 2014, 05:35:43 PM
Gamestop has Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection for $4.99.  Includes:

Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
Command & Conquer Red Alert
Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
Command & Conquer Renegade
Command & Conquer Generals
Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

Also:

Updated to run on the Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 operating systems

A compilation of the best music spanning the Command & Conquer universe

Early access to the next Command & Conquer game.

Warning:  requires Origin :-\

I am probably the only person in the world not to play this series, what was it like?  Good?  Is the pace very hectic?

Gusington

Just got a voucher from GMG for 30% off Thief, on top of the 10% pre-order, which knocked the price down to 31.50. I came dangerously close to caving in.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Reaper,

Um, yeah, the pace can be hectic sometimes. It largely invented the whole RTS (or rather real-time tactical) genre (or rather Dune2 did but they ported the engine over to this as their own ip.) The original game designs can be terribly primitive by modern standards. At the time the CGI and FMV cutscenes (sometimes mixed) were an amazing draw, but they don't hold up very well today either. By and large I feel the series works better more as a retrospective history of a genre.

Probably the best-playing game by today's standards is the rather late "Generals" and its expansion (which has no relation to the two or three storylines of the original series), because the game engine was re-developed from the ground up by the same team who (using improved versions of the same engine) created the Battle For Middle-Earth games.

The games were undeniably great for their time, but whenever I think of firing one up I think about how annoying it will be to play without the features that we regard as standard now (and which the series to be fair helped innovate). If I'm going to suffer running old-school RTS, I'll take one with a better storyline like Starcraft1+BW. (Or better yet just watch the plot compilation videos on youtube. ;) )

Edited to add: to be fair, I have no experience with the series after Generals, I only seem to recall hearing that the three later games (Tiberian 3 and 4 and Red Alert 3, plus expansions) suffered from hewing too close to the original game designs. But I could be misremembering.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Steam has some interesting sales up.  MoW2 is on sale like 66% off, Saints Row IV is free to play through Sunday and is also on sale.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

D&D Anthology Master Collection is $4.99 at Gamers Gate.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

Includes:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions

Planescape: Torment

The Temple of Elemental Evil
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 18, 2014, 03:17:31 PM
D&D Anthology Master Collection is $4.99 at Gamers Gate.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

Includes:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions

Planescape: Torment

The Temple of Elemental Evil

Must...not...click...buy...