The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I liked the gameplay in Dishonored, but something about a lot of the mission designs felt... janky. Not sure why, couldn't put my finger on it. Wasn't overly keen about most of the story either. (The basic idea, yes; the execution and development, no.) Eventually gave up maybe around 3/4 through it.

I think the game is justly praised for what it is; I'm pretty sure my rejection was only subjective taste.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2014, 01:02:32 PM
Curious to hear what you think of Dishonored JD.

the UI will be wrong  :P

Gusington

I liked Dishonored very much but it was not my favorite game of its type...that would be Thief.

There were things in Dishonored that I wished I could change...like the timeline a bit (more 1890s than 1940s) and I always thought the characters should have had British accents, etc.

But there were some things I absolutely loved...the level design, the music.

Altogether that added up to a great game in my eyes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

another opportunity to get that werewolf game Sang Froid .... $1.49 at GOG for the next 45 minutes...drm free
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Ahem...

You PEOPLE {beat beat} just-like-to TAUNT-ME {beat beat beat},
to-see-if-I-will-sing-for-no-good-reason-every-time-the-game-is
MENTIONED {beat beat} to-be-on SALE {beat beat !!!BEAST!!!}

{runs for firelight} {shot by werewolf ghosts}

Sang-froid. There's no singing in the game. But there probably should be.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Singing makes everything better.

Anyone play Call of Duty: Ghosts? 50% off in a current flash sale at Steam. The trailers look amazing and I've been wanting to pick it up for a while, but not for 60.00. 30.00 seems more reasonable. Gold Edition too.

Anyone?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on June 28, 2014, 08:35:20 AM
Singing makes everything better.

Anyone play Call of Duty: Ghosts? 50% off in a current flash sale at Steam. The trailers look amazing and I've been wanting to pick it up for a while, but not for 60.00. 30.00 seems more reasonable. Gold Edition too.

Anyone?
I think even Jarhead said it was worse than pants  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Ghosts? Really? Ok then...out!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I thought that Ghosts was the best COD in the series.  I really liked multiplayer and the options it featured.  Yes the single player story may be a bit weak compared to the other games but I was entertained.

My opinion though is coming from a casual FPS player whereas JH has real world experience to judge Ghosts by.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on June 28, 2014, 09:01:43 AM
Ghosts? Really? Ok then...out!
I'd check - don't take my word for it...I have an incredibly bad memory - but I'm pretty sure it wasn't even good, nevermind great
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Gah now I'm torn...I am not going to play MP. Is it worth 30.00 for the SP?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

eyebiter

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on June 28, 2014, 09:29:25 AM
Gah now I'm torn...I am not going to play MP. Is it worth 30.00 for the SP?
You need to speak to JH - I'm sure he had some rather strong opinions about it
Alba gu' brath

-budd-

[/quote]

Lot of gaming for $3.  Notice System Shock 2 was patched for native 1920x1080 support, no need for a mod now.
[/quote]

wonder if they included any of the graphic mods for the game? wouldn't you have to use different textures for that much wider of a resolution? I have the GOG version and i always have to mod it up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

undercovergeek