The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: Labbug on September 18, 2014, 12:28:36 PM
Age of Wonders III and its DCL's are on sale at Steam for 50% off this weekend.  Ends the 22nd.

I think I will wait for the inevitable gold version that bundles the game plus expansion/DLC. Lord knows I have enough games to play already even though AoW3 is very tempting.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

tgb

GOG had a bit of a screw-up this morning, and the Age of Wonders DLC first went live for $.09.  I managed to grab a copy and I think one other person that I know of did, before they corrected it.

BanzaiCat

Blast it! I bought The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2 from the 'Talk Like A Pirate' Steam sale. Both were less than $4 and I never played either of them, even back in the day. I have no business getting more games I can't play straight away!

Check out the sale if you're into...uh...sail. ;)

Sid Meier's Pirates! is but one of the titles in there.

Toonces

Nice find- I thought the sale was a game called "Talk Like a Pirate" so I didn't check.

I picked up Pirates! for $2.50.  That is a great filler game when I can't think of something else to play!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Looks like Rome Total War is only $2.49 on Steam right now, and that plus Rome Total War - Alexander is only $3.24.

I need more games like I need less sleep right now, but that is a REALLY hard price to pass up.

Gusington

Total War - Alexander is the only TW game I have not played...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Asid

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 26, 2014, 04:49:42 PM
Looks like Rome Total War is only $2.49 on Steam right now, and that plus Rome Total War - Alexander is only $3.24.

I need more games like I need less sleep right now, but that is a REALLY hard price to pass up.

There are some excellent mods:
Europa Barborium is one
http://www.europabarbarorum.com/

Tota war center
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?214-Rome-Total-War-Hosted-Modifications&s=231a04fa5e78b618fcc5527c52184710

Roma Surrectum 11
http://www.moddb.com/mods/roma-surrectum-ii
etc..

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tuna

Always hated the movement speed of the first Rome.. really turned me off..

BanzaiCat

Thanks for the mod list, Asid. I think I'm gonna pass on it, just because I have too many other shiny things demanding my attention right now.

eyebiter

Jarhead0331

Planetary Annihilation is 50% off on steam bringing the cost down to $14.99. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JasonPratt

Hm, wonder if that Espana sale is good at Steam, too...? It's one of the few Matrix titles I want that I don't own yet.

Apparently not? (At work, and thanks to an old browser and new AT&T Universe account, my connections to some things have gotten wonky, including the Steam storefront...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!