The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

So short answer sounds like neither AC or pCars is user friendly...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

^ not at all. The interface is quirky. Just not as streamlined as they should be perhaps.

But in terms of driving, both are very user friendly. I would say pCars is more fun but AC is a bit more realistic in terms of handling. AC is definitely a lot better in the damage department.

I love driving games and I have been using them for years - but I am no hardcore simmer. I'm probably mediocre. And I do NOT know how to mess with car settings to get better grip and times.

In short - if I can race it a beginner can race it.

As for GRID - avoid like the plague. The series was plagued with a problem where you could take a hairpin turn at breakneck speeds. I never, EVER could drive and enjoy the GRID series. I was incredibly frustrated with the physics Codies were using.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 22, 2015, 02:43:23 PM
I would say pCars is more fun but AC is a bit more realistic in terms of handling. AC is definitely a lot better in the damage department.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-2

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=162593

The Project CARS website announces Project CARS 2, as Slightly Mad Studios unveils plans for a sequel to the racing game they released just six weeks ago. They are crowdfuding this through the WMD Portal, though they do not specify how much capital they are looking to raise. Here's word:

With over 10 years of heritage and pedigree making some of the world's most memorable and successful racing franchises – such as GTR, Need For Speed, and Test Drive – Slightly Mad Studios once again pioneered and innovated in 2015 by launching the critically-acclaimed and best-selling Project CARS; a game wholly funded and created by a passionate community of racing fans from around the world.

With tens of thousands of players testing the game, giving feedback on it, and creating assets for it throughout development, Project CARS has been hailed as a true competitor to long-established stalwarts, and as the market leader in both visual fidelity and technical expertise.

With an existing schedule of ON DEMAND content already underway to continue providing Project CARS with fresh new features, updates, and great things to play with throughout the year, Slightly Mad Studios now turns its attention to the future with the announcement of the continuation of the franchise with Project CARS 2. And once again, the sequel will be created, tested, and ultimately approved by you – the gamers - through the WMD Portal crowd-funding platform.

Not really a sale :  http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/project-cars-2/

Lowest price :

BRONZE £50    
Regular PC build access (usually daily) during development
Can read & post on the Project CARS 2 forum
Digital Standard Edition version of Project CARS 2 (PC)
Bronze Member playar avatar identification in-game
Exclusive Project CARS 2 Bronze Member wallpaper

mirth

This is going to be tough to pass up. Borderlands Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I don't own any of the Borderlands games...yet.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

How are those Borderland games? The screenies I've seen make them look a bit like cartoons.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 23, 2015, 06:51:46 PM
How are those Borderland games? The screenies I've seen make them look a bit like cartoons.

Everyone raves about them. I was a bit put off by the look as well, but at that price I'll give em a try.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Ah what the Hel, it's only money. I'll bite.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

I thought it looked cartoony as hell, buy my roommate on the boat absolutely loved the games and played them to death.

From what I saw, I think a lot of you will groove on them.  I can't think of an easy comparison, but think something like Fallout 3, on rails, with those graphics.  Something like that.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Both Borderlands 1 and 2 are REALLY fun games. I can't recommend 'em enough. Stick with 1 - it might take a bit to really get into it, but it's got a ton of entertainment. BL2 just makes it even better, IMO.

-budd-

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 23, 2015, 06:51:46 PM

open world with lots of guns.......I mean lots of guns. Think elder scrolls in a different environment.....and lots of guns. BL2 has more varied environments. The graphics are cell shaded graphics...with lots of guns. did i mention there's lots of guns. Good co-op also..with lots of guns.Finished BL1 twice, haven't finished 2 yet but i'm deep into it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

there's a few................................ FU*K NO, THERE'S LOTS OF GUNS ;)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

Ok, so not on rails, but it sort of reminded me of FO3.  Good description above ^.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Well I just bit on the Borderlands Humble Bundle. May God have mercy on my soul.

Huw the Poo

Ticket to Ride is 80% off on Steam.