The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Rayfer on September 06, 2015, 10:47:16 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 06, 2015, 08:45:06 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 04, 2015, 08:16:45 AM
^ Witcher I is $1.49 and Witcher II is $2.99. Very excellent prices. The first one never grabbed me, though I am tempted to get W2 at that price, even though I'll probably never play the bloody thing.

I could've said this word for word.  I did pick up TW2 and I'm installing it now.  I might even load it once!

Interesting...I had the opposite experience.  Enjoyed Witcher 1 and finished it, but just couldn't get into 2.

Now I feel like I way over paid for them :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

...and it doesn't even load.  Fucking brilliant.  Oh well, I'm only out £2.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 06, 2015, 11:39:36 AM
...and it doesn't even load.  Fucking brilliant.  Oh well, I'm only out £2.

It probably caught you bad-mouthing it here on the forum... :D

Precisely why I won't bother. No time, no interest, but the price is pretty friggin' radical.

-budd-

If you like a little lite RPG/ turn based battle dungeon crawler diversion i got to recommend Paper Sorcerer. I picked this little title yesterday for  $0.99 and i'm about 3 hours in. you wander around in first person and the battles are turn based and its got a funky little art style. There's worse ways to spend $0.99 , i think it will be on sale for another 15 hours.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/papersorcerer_storefront

here's a short review

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Anyone who hasn't played the recent X-Com remake... well, you probably have reasons, for which this won't change your mind.

But it's available for free play all weekend on Steam.

(So is Saints Row IV, which I wouldn't play for free myself, despite it being by all accounts a very well-designed game. Just not my thing.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I couldn't get far into Saint's Row II or III, but IV I devoured and couldn't get enough of (until I got to the very last battle, and couldn't win because some buggy thing was killing my game). Once you've run around the city at super-speed doing huge leaps and running up the sides of buildings, only to glide off of the other side, with a giant alien spaceship parked overhead...brother you haven't lived yet! Great game.

AchillesLastStand

Steam has Savage lands for 7.99 for the next several days. It is a survival game that has above average developer support and the games atmosphere is somewhat Skyrim-esque.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/307880/

Silent Disapproval Robot

Steam has Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for $3.74 CDN ($3 US or so).  Buy it!

Gusington

The Witcher 3 is on sale at Steam for 30% off. If someone can tell me that the combat is the same as The Witcher 2 then that will help me resist.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I have no idea. But I can honestly say the game is superb. I have absolutely no issues with combat and I use a mouse and keyboard.

It's worth the full asking price. It's a steal if it's got a discount imo.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Kerbal Space Program on sale at Gog 33% off.

And yes, I'm just now getting this... :P

JudgeDredd

^I might dive in. I've been eyeing that for quite some time...then Matrix Games version came out and I was humming and ha-ing and never got either.
Alba gu' brath

magnus

I bought the Witcher 3 on CDKEYS for $26 and had no problems at all adding it to my GOG games.

I'm not sure about the combat being the same, but the game is huge and I am having a blast with it.