The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Here's hoping the Winter/Christmas/etc Sale is a tad better/more interesting than the Autumn sale was...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

IronX

Xbox sale - with 40-60% off - starts the same day as the Steam sale, December 22.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/countdown

Arctic Blast

I'm going to follow the same path as I did during the Thanksgiving sale, be a good boy, and generally stick to my wish-listed games.

Father Ted

Insurgency on Steam for under £2 - has to be worth a look.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Father Ted on December 19, 2015, 07:31:08 AM
Insurgency on Steam for under £2 - has to be worth a look.

That's a steal for the best online shooter I've played in a very long time.

steve58

GreenManGaming.com has Cities: Skylines on sale for $11.99 - 20% off w/ voucher code XMAS20-PERGMG-SVINGS = $9.60
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

IronX

^ Ha, from what I've read, that's about what it's worth.

Cities, however, is a great game and that's a pretty amazing deal.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: IronX on December 19, 2015, 02:11:36 PM
^ Ha, from what I've read, that's about what it's worth.

Cities, however, is a great game and that's a pretty amazing deal.

I like planetary annihilation. Not sure why it gets so much hate...probably because it's not a simple remake of total annihilation.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Yeah, apparently it was released in a godawful state, but it's absolutely fine now, and $1 is a stupid price to pay for it.

JasonPratt

It's especially stupid for anyone who paid the silly inflated early access prices.  :D

(Agreed, the game is fine, whether in Titan flavor or not.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

GameStop has Wolfenstein: The New Order on sale for $8.99 and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for $9.99.  Steam codes.  I'm a little tempted, but probably going to hold off since the Steam Sale will be starting in a couple days.

OJsDad

Well, my damage is done, but maybe not complete;

Darkest Hour    $2.49
Arsenal of Democracy   $1.99
Cities:Skylines      $11.99
Cities:Skylines After Dark   $10.04
EU IV:  El Dorado       $5.09
EU IV:  Common Sense   $5.09

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

steve58

...the seers hath predicted that the Steam Winter Sale in nigh upon us.  Arm thy wallets and prepare to do...some explaining to the missus :crazy2:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on December 21, 2015, 06:22:25 PM
...the seers hath predicted that the Steam Winter Sale in nigh upon us.  Arm thy wallets and prepare to do...some explaining to the missus :crazy2:

If it is anything like the recent sales, my wallet is going to be safe:)  Hopefully they go a little more crazy this time....