The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

It will be worse than twitching once I find some other titles to add to my Steam cart. My wallet's gonna get all

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

Civ V Complete apparently $.82 on Steam right now. Good time to pick it up if you haven't already.
Won't let me buy it as a gift though. Something  about contents being personalized to your account which I've not seen before.

Scratch that, discount appears to be based on what I already own. Some new, and annoying Steam feature. So I don't know what the bundle actually costs, and I can't buy it as a gift as a result. Well done Valve. Between this and the market hold because I won't give them a cell phone number my enthusiasm is waning. I have a lot of games there, and will continue to buy, but not as often as in the past and far less games as gifts it would seem.

BanzaiCat

Well shit, I just saw myself that Civ V is being offered for $1.23. I go to buy it as a gift for my daughter as she's been wanting this game a lot, and it won't let me gift it. So I go into her laptop and it's selling for 7.49. Okay...so I go back to my computer, drop it from my cart, then re-check the store page...and it's 7.49, not 1.23. What the f*ck?

JudgeDredd

Doom is 40% off.

I played the demo - and whilst it did remind me of original Doom...I can't help but think 40% isn't enough. I think that's odd  :idiot2:
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I grabbed the Introversion Complete Pack (with Darwinia, Uplink (used to be Uplink: Hacker Elite I think, which I reviewed for WG a long time ago), Defcon, Multiwinia, and a couple of game soundtracks I don't care too much about, but Uplink and Defcon were two I'd wanted), NEO Scavenger, 911: First Responders, Panzer Tactics HD, and Battlestation: Harbinger. I think it all came to about $15.

bbmike

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 26, 2016, 06:25:01 AM
Doom is 40% off.

I played the demo - and whilst it did remind me of original Doom...I can't help but think 40% isn't enough. I think that's odd  :idiot2:

I also just tried the demo. I was afraid it would be hard on my computer but it ran great, quiet and looked good. It was bloody damn hard, though. I might wait for 50% off or more.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 23, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
I'm not at all impressed with Steam's offerings at the moment. Everything that's on sale from my wishlist isn't discounted nearly deeply enough for me to want to bite.

+1

Same with me and my wishlist.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Does this mail I got from Amazon today count as a sale ?

Based on your recent visit, we thought you might be interested in these items.

Star Trek: Starfleet Command Gold Edition - PC by Interplay - Price: $120.19

Tpek

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 29, 2016, 02:44:08 AM

LoL  ;D

Why can't these games just reach Steam/GOG already???

Pete Dero

Greybriar

That's for the retail boxed edition. Apparently collectors don't mind paying all that money for a 16-year-old game that you can get the digital version of for $5.99 from GOG.

It's a good thing we're gamers and not collectors.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on June 29, 2016, 04:53:17 AM

LoL  ;D

Why can't these games just reach Steam/GOG already???

Just buy the best of the series here:

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-star-trek-starfleet-command-orion-pirates.html

I wouldn't even bother with the original SFC, or even SFC2:EAW, now that this has been on offer.  Has the most factions of them all, along with small improvements to gfx, sound, etc, over the others.

Digital download version for $6.   

Standalone expansion for SFC2:EAW.  Works better than the other earlier versions on my Win7-64 OS.  No crashes or screen tearing for me.  You only miss out on the scripted SFC2:EAW campaign, but you have a new one or two scripted ones along with the open-ended campaigns from SFC2 (which were where I spent most of my time).  O0

EDIT:   I'm guessing you don't see these better versions (SFC2) on GOG because the Dynaverse people must have the sales rights at the moment.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Nefaro on June 29, 2016, 08:38:36 AM

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-star-trek-starfleet-command-orion-pirates.html

Digital download version for $6.   

Minor warning : I got the community edition from them and the file you receive is a .iso.
This requires some extra software (I had to burn this to a DVD before I could install the game).

FlickJax

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on June 29, 2016, 08:38:36 AM

I've put off buying that for some reason. I have a feeling that will change this weekend.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus