The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Damn...you can't beat free. I bought it for 3.99 but still...free is free.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is $29.99 on Steam until Feb. 11.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

bobarossa

Latest Humble Bundle is great.  $1 gets you Age of Wonders 2 (wizards throne), Darkest Hour (HOI2 mod, great game btw), Magicka 2, Crusader Kings 2.  For ~$6, you also get AOW 3, EU IV, and CK2 El Dorado DLC.  For $12 you also get Steel Division, AOW 3 Deluxe, and Magicka 2 Deluxe.  Only one I'm interested in that I don't already have is Steel Division.

jamus34

Quote from: bobarossa on February 05, 2019, 03:04:05 PM
Latest Humble Bundle is great.  $1 gets you Age of Wonders 2 (wizards throne), Darkest Hour (HOI2 mod, great game btw), Magicka 2, Crusader Kings 2.  For ~$6, you also get AOW 3, EU IV, and CK2 El Dorado DLC.  For $12 you also get Steel Division, AOW 3 Deluxe, and Magicka 2 Deluxe.  Only one I'm interested in that I don't already have is Steel Division.

Yeah it's great but I literally have every game except AoW2 and I would probably never play that one anyway.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

AoW2 is awesome and has some fantastic mods.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: jamus34 on February 05, 2019, 05:03:18 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on February 05, 2019, 03:04:05 PM

Yeah it's great but I literally have every game except AoW2 and I would probably never play that one anyway.

Just bought Steel Division last week...arrgghh

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2019, 09:00:33 PM
AoW2 is awesome and has some fantastic mods.

Generally though, those mods are for AoW:SM, not for AoW2 so much.

AoW2 has no advantage over AoW:SM. It has a campaign with a different story, but even there AoW:SM has more of a story per se in its campaigns. AoW:SM has more content otherwise.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

For something really different:

Southpark: The Stick of Truth is $7.49 on steam (75% off).  A highly rated RPG on my wishlist for a long time.

Gusington

Shadow Magic is not AoW2? My bad.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

It's AoW2.5. It uses a significantly upgraded version of the AoW2 engine, with a dynamic map generator being the biggest improvement, something missing from MoM heirs, at that time, since MoM itself. (Edited to add: I should clarify that soon after AoW:SM, other inheritors have routinely included random map generators, starting with Dominions 2 or 3, I forget which.)

What's for sale is AoW2: The Wizard's Throne, which was the original AoW2 game. It isn't bad, but the campaign is supergeneric (if more cheesecakey in places  :coolsmiley: ), and there is no custom random map / game generator. It has fewer factions, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Hehe, I can't believe Airboy wants Stick of Truth.  LOL!

I have actually been wanting it for quite a while, too.   \m/
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I know...why don't I have it yet?

Will you gift it to me?   >:D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs