Main Menu

The Witcher 3

Started by Tpek, February 06, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I'm not really interested in comparing DA to Witcher. Both are outstanding RPG series. I can love them for their differences.

Definitely looking forward to 8/30.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

AchillesLastStand

JudgeDredd

The full shebang - main game and all DLC I believe - for $50
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on August 13, 2016, 01:42:31 AM
What is coming 8-30?

Witcher 3 with all DLCs bundle

I highly recommend it when your rigs system spec are capable to run it.

i didn't finish it because after a patch i had stuttering with my decade old dualcore CPU at that time...
(...when my mainboard died on me and i got me a decent system i checked again and now it runs perfect, but i had gotten to distracted by other new releases and RL issues in the meantime to just jump in at my last story save-point.... its extreme high on my rainy autumn month playlist!)       

ghostryder

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2016, 06:57:38 PM
I really like DA:I but it does not feel open to me at all. But I am ok with that.

The only thing that has kept me away from The Witcher 3 all this time is the horrible experience I had with The Witcher 2's combat.

But now I can't wait until 8/30...:)

I think you can live with the combat. It's disapointing , as i mentioned- as immersive as the world is , the combat actually removes you from that immersion by it's rediculous console action nature- but unlike the first two games where the controls were sluggish and complex it's rather simple in the third. Learn to roll- map that one key- and the ocassional spell and your do fine-

I'll also add in hindsight I wish i too had waited-- I quite at level 14--and will have to replay with expansions. By all accounts the last expansion really puts a great cap on the end of Geralt's tale and life. And when your playing your probably come to the same conclusion as I did-- DA:I was trying to do what the Witcher 3 does great --bring meaning to open world designed games. DA:I threw in a lot of useful mechanics but it falls short as the story telling fails- and it just gets very repetative. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but The Witcher 3 really is groundbreaking in how they managed to do open world.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I want to pre-order this so friggin bad, but I still need to finish Witcher 1 &2 and I have weeks, if not months, of DA:I left to play.

I might be ready for Witcher 3 by Christmas.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

rwenstrup

Can you just start with Witcher 3, or is it best to start with Witcher 1 then 2 excetera?

JudgeDredd

I believe there's a connection between the stories but I started with lll. I did try 1 and then 2, but being a graphics whore, I couldn't stick with them and jumped into lll.
Alba gu' brath

bboyer66

You can start with just the Witcher III. However its much more rewarding if you know some of the lore behind the Witcher. This book at Amazon  is fantastic.

https://www.amazon.com/World-Witcher-CD-Projekt-Red/dp/1616554827/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1471615598&sr=8-7&keywords=Witcher+Book

Myself, I just started the Witcher III a few months ago, and it has jumped easily into my top 10 games of all time.  First is that it looks unbelievable running on my GTX 1080. The amount of detail that they put into the game is just mind boggling.  From the cities, to the countryside, to the villages, to the Viking like Skellige Islands, its fucking amazing. 

The Story so far is excellent as well. Rarely are thing as black and white as you think.  It's also made for adults, and does not sugarcoat anything. 

rwenstrup

mirth

Crap. I just know I'm gonna pre-order 3 before the weekend is out.

Pete Dero

Quote from: mirth on August 19, 2016, 02:46:59 PM
Crap. I just know I'm gonna pre-order 3 before the weekend is out.

Or get it right now for the same price : https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_expansion_pass

GOG is having a Witcher sale this weekend ( https://www.gog.com/promo/20160819_special_promo_the_witcher_series )

Gusington

I cannot believe Boyer posted the link to that book above. Bastard.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

The game is currently on sale at Steam for half off!!!

I am trying now to figure out if I can get it and all the DLC right now for less than 49.99...DLC is on sale too, right now.

OK so The Witcher 3 and all its DLC is in my cart right now for $50.47...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd