Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

One of things that really impressed me was the actual size of the city of Rome - and the detail. I admit that due to poor play on my part (my first campaign as Rome) I was forced to defend the city. Its bloody massive.

And I did get my arse well and truly kicked!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mikeck

I'm very impressed with patch 9 beta. I'm playing vanilla a with only a 4 turn per year and four season mod. Also a graphics mod for the Greeks. I love it. I'm thinking of restating and for the first time every...playing a Greek faction,maybe Athens. I dig the helmet and with patch 9, the phalanx works.

Units hold formation pretty damn well in vanilla
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

+1

havent been disappointed with 9 at all

still getting the hate at TWC

people can be such dicks

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on January 25, 2014, 03:57:49 PM
I'm very impressed with patch 9 beta. I'm playing vanilla a with only a 4 turn per year and four season mod. Also a graphics mod for the Greeks. I love it. I'm thinking of restating and for the first time every...playing a Greek faction,maybe Athens. I dig the helmet and with patch 9, the phalanx works.

Units hold formation pretty damn well in vanilla

Which Greek mod? I've got a pretty strong spartan campaign running,
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I'm thinking about playing as Sparta or Macedon myself since I clearly suck as the Iceni. Just did a quick search for Sparta mods in the Steam workshop and there are 133 different mods!

EDIT: there's one on Steam called Spartan Campaign Army that looks really good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

And the new four seasons per year model that I am using off the steam workshop is awesome it's a standalone and it even has snow falling during the wintertime pretty cool
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Quote from: mikeck on January 26, 2014, 03:06:42 PM
And the new four seasons per year model that I am using off the steam workshop is awesome it's a standalone and it even has snow falling during the wintertime pretty cool

gave you adjusted the build and research times?

Gusington

^Which one is that?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I use a 4 tpy mod and the 4 seasons...I don't believe research and build
Are adjusted ... Which is just how I like it I don't feel like waiting 24 times to get the building.... Just want my Hollywood legionnaires. Anyway most of those types of things are done with the 4 ton per year mods the one I was most impressed with what's the weather mod I have never seen snow effects before.

Anyway other than those two I am plain-vanilla and enjoying it very much.  They did a great job with the beta patch  nine

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
^Which one is that?

"Four turns per year mod"
"Season graphics and effects for main campaign"
"Agent cards redone"
"Greek hoplites pack" (makes me look cool)
"Faster research" (so I can specifically avoid the long research times that go with four Tonker your Mods...seems about right to me I just don't want to wait eight hours into the game before I get to my professional legions'.

And finally

"Ancient colors all factions"

Gusington

^Coolness, thank you. I have that 4TPY subscribed already, may try the 2TPY one. Faster research now sounds necessary that I have extended the game time to either 2 or 4TPY. And dear gods the ancient colors mod looks amazing!

OK - I think if I am tricking the game out like this, I will attempt the Iceni one more time. I owe it to myself, really :)

Then its on to the Suebi.

PS - all of the above mods you listed are ok with Patch 9, right?

EDIT: looking at the notes for the ancient colors mod it appears it is NOT compatible with Patch 9, FYI.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 06:06:36 PM
^Coolness, thank you. I have that 4TPY subscribed already, may try the 2TPY one. Faster research now sounds necessary that I have extended the game time to either 2 or 4TPY. And dear gods the ancient colors mod looks amazing!

OK - I think if I am tricking the game out like this, I will attempt the Iceni one more time. I owe it to myself, really :)

EDIT: looking at the notes for the ancient colors mod it appears it is NOT compatible with Patch 9, FYI.

i think art changes, turn changes arent affected by the version changes

ive done the research and build times so im not cheating!!

Gusington

^There were notes for the ancient colors mod that read it didn't work with Patch 9...are you currently using that mod?

More tragically, I started another new campaign as the Iceni about two hours ago and AGAIN was wiped out within 25 turns! WTF is going on?? All of Britain united against me...this loss was even harsher than the last. The initial game is still rated at 'Easy' while the main campaign is rated as 'normal.' I am not sure what is going on but it's not fun. Or funny. OK maybe a little funny.

Is anyone else getting pummeled into a paste like this?

I feel so alone!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 06:06:36 PM

Maybe...hadn't paid attention. All I know is everyone seems to be in proper earth tones and not day-glo

Gusington

I got more important problems now...like not being able to make it past 10 years of game time :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd