Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Gus, as I said before...there are oh two nations: Rome...and countries that got beat by Rome (so long as your staying west of Persia.

Try playing a winner. Try Rome and civilize the loin cloth wearing , face painting, rock worshiping lunatics and try a winner. Nothing prettier than a fully decked out legion slowly marching towards a mob of slovenly barbarians and mowing them down like a scythe through wheat
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

**cough Carthage cough**

Martok

Gah!  The game is still CTD'ing with the new patch!  :'( 

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 27, 2014, 01:28:21 PM
if it crashes on startup, Martok, I would try to do a clean reinstall if the verifying cache integrity option in STeam doesn't work.
The whomajigawhatnow?  :o  Please help a poor dumb Klingon understand.  (You can use small words with me; I won't be offended. ;) ) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Martok there is an option in Steam to verify the game cache...I ak not at my rig so i can't tell you exactly where to find it but it's not that difficult.

Mikeck I've played as Rome in vanilla when the game was first released and had a great campaign.

'Geek...a little harsh, but funny. We'll continue watching you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

go to your game in steam

right click

properties

local files

click on verify integrity of game cache - its a bit like disk scan - itll go through the files looking for corrupt data

Gusington

Yes I am running it on Geek's brain right now and you wouldn't believe the corruption I am discovering.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

lmao - youre just bitter

Gusington

Well sure but that has always been the case. Whatever you do, don't turn around...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

youre behind me making funny armpit noises dressed in laderhosen?

Gusington

You type that like it's a surprise.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 30, 2014, 02:54:05 PM
You type that like it's a surprise.

i type it like its something ive been waiting for all my life

bob48

New patch now downloaded - no idea what it does yet, but it was over 600mb.

Geek, don't forget the cucumber and leather flying helmet, Gus likes those.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

You mean the leather cucumber. 

BTW I had an additional download on top of the Patch 9...is that what you mean? I'm not sure what it is.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I'm gonna revisit it soon.

I just hope that they haven't upped the strategic AI difficulty via making all your neighbors dogpile you no matter what you do diplomatically.  That was a serious problem with earlier TWs, up until Shogun 2 IIRC. 

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 30, 2014, 03:03:34 PM
BTW I had an additional download on top of the Patch 9...is that what you mean? I'm not sure what it is.

i dont think bob had the beta