Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Anyone here play Macedon? Anyone a fan?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2014, 02:41:06 PM

I played a Macedon campaign breifly, but it was right after I'd been two Steppe Barbarian Types in a row and it just had no pizzaz.

I'm waiting for the Hannibal thing.  Syracuse should be a fun faction in that one.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2014, 02:41:06 PM

It's fun because you're sandwiched between Greek states that you may well end up fighting eventually, the various barbarians to the north, and you will quickly run into Pontus and the Seleucid clients in Asia Minor.  However, it probably has the least unit variety of the successor kingdoms. 

Martok

Creative Assembly has put up a Let's Play video of the Hannibal at the Gates DLC: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mikeck

I'm finding vanilla of it too easy the problem is when you move it up to hard early game is just insane with everybody attacking you and you never have money.   I think I'm going to start over with the radius mod. I like DEI but he added this weird area of recruitment thing that just made it way too complicated
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Hrmm..

I've begun to wonder about the AI's army building.  I've been seeing AI factions with a full-sized army for every settlement they have, in my latest Egypt game.  Often also a 6-to-10 unit navy, too.  It's still early in the campaign.  How the hell do they make any income with that kind of upkeep?!  ???

Tuna

I think my Vanilla Rome Campaign will be ending soon.. What faction should I play next?

Gusington

Dammit I can't decide what faction to play. I like unit variety so I guess Macedon is out. I considered Pontus and Sparta I have been wanting to play forever. Looking at Bactria...exotic. Then I think it still may be too soon to jump back into Rome 2 after the epic Iceni campaign that ended only two weeks ago and think Shogun 2 may be better right now...sigh

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Gusington

And I am going with Shogun 2. Now just have to decide between the Saga and the Jozai. This is exhausting.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on March 21, 2014, 07:31:47 PM
Hrmm..

I've begun to wonder about the AI's army building.  I've been seeing AI factions with a full-sized army for every settlement they have, in my latest Egypt game.  Often also a 6-to-10 unit navy, too.  It's still early in the campaign.  How the hell do they make any income with that kind of upkeep?!  ???

They get a money bonus I believe...dependent on difficulty level. You have a brain so the AI gets money
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2014, 08:25:48 PM
Dammit I can't decide what faction to play. I like unit variety so I guess Macedon is out. I considered Pontus and Sparta I have been wanting to play forever. Looking at Bactria...exotic. Then I think it still may be too soon to jump back into Rome 2 after the epic Iceni campaign that ended only two weeks ago and think Shogun 2 may be better right now...sigh

Baktria has an issue with some of it's buildings creating Eastern culture, while others create Greek culture.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way as you'd just end up with some religious buildings fighting each other.  So it doesn't make sense because you'd essentially be limiting yourself to only part of the religious buildings (and maybe some others) and you couldn't place the full variety without screwing up your culture.

I believe some other faction has a similar issue.

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on March 21, 2014, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 21, 2014, 07:31:47 PM
Hrmm..

They get a money bonus I believe...dependent on difficulty level. You have a brain so the AI gets money

Ahh.. that's what I was wondering - whether the AI got cheats on "Normal" difficulty.  That seemed to be the case but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.  I'd prefer such adjustments be openly mentioned in the game.

Nefaro

Thankful for some small mods.

I added the Black Marble UI background mod.  Fargsticks, I absolutely hated those plastic-looking backgrounds they used in Rome 2.  It looks FAR better and fits the theme now.

I also just started using the mod that removes clouds from the campaign map.  Makes scrolling & performance much better, not to mention my video card's fan runs a bit less maniacally now too.  I still have no mf'ing idea why CA added clouds over the campaign map, sometimes even getting in the way of your zoomed-out view.  Ridic-u-rous!

Gusington

I think I will be grabbing those last two you mentioned. They sound almost like must-haves.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd