Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

He appears very relaxed there.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2014, 09:52:06 AM
He appears very relaxed there.

I know what you mean.  It's kind of like they found him in the tumble-dry with extra lint cycle and had to pull him back out of his own pockets.

But, you know he has been there for over 1600 years as a rather minimalist reminder that Late Antiquity is not really all that remote, though all those angels and what-not seem kind of like something out of a nightmare in a 90s B movie set in a decaying mesoAmerican upscale house of ill-repute that has seen better times.

Gusington

Have there really been better times for Mesoamerican houses of ill repute than right now?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2014, 01:20:22 PM
Have there really been better times for Mesoamerican houses of ill repute than right now?

Exactly.  That's why I specified a sort of Tom Clancy-era-esque, 90s, B-movie, who-hired-that-art-director sort of decaying upscale ambiance.

Sir Slash

No better time I can think of. Unless when the dollar was worth more. Or when Ill Repute was more fun. Everybody's got it now and that takes the specialness of it away. :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Hahaha you speak the truth.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And Patch 12 is live now. The saga continues. :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Live in beta or for reelz? I feel a Carthaginian campaign coming on soon.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Finalized patch 12 I suspect...12 has been in beta for weeks now and most mods have already been upgraded for it.

By the way Gus...maybe check out the "Constantine" mod. You can play some is the eastern heathens like the Sassanids...
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

Well I just fired up the game, and it looks like patch 12 is good to go.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Constantine mod you say...must be new...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

I've just started to get into this and have started a Sparta campaign which is a departure from my standard Rome faction game..... I will restart with the new patch as I was not very far into my current campaign.

PE

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Thanks Mike...I will check it out. Checked my Steam account for a second and there was something queued for Rome, amgst 4-5 other things. TW still holds the same magic for me after all the Rome II drama and everything...getting psyched to jump in again :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Noticed new DLC due out in a few days....Pirates and raiders.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/total-war-rome-ii-pirates-raiders-dlc/

For Jarhead, it has marine units so has to be a must buy:)

•Illyrian Marines