The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: Tuna on April 22, 2014, 08:14:52 AM
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.. 10 bucks at GG

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FELH/fallen-enchantress-legendary-heroes

Tempting. How does it compare with the Age of Wonders 3?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

I hear a lot of people 'comparing'.. it's usually 39 bucks.. so 10 is a great deal!

tgb

GMG now has the just-released Last Federation for $14.99, but with code GMG025-EASTER-024HRS the price comes down to $11.99

PanzersEast

Quote from: Shelldrake on April 22, 2014, 08:25:52 AM

The games are different enough and at $10 it is worth the purchase.  I will still continue to play FE:LH even though I also own AOW3.

PE

Greybriar

If DRM is a concern, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is Steam-only while Age of Wonders III is available either DRM-Free or with Steam DRM. With Steam's auto-patching, it's kind of a toss-up.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

AoW3 is much prettier and the battle system is a lot cooler.  However, overall I enjoy FE:LH more:  It's deeper, has better AI, and boasts greater customization & replayability. 

That being said, both are good games in my experience.  I don't regret owning either one. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

...the DLC for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is cheaper at Greenmangaming ($1.69 vs $2.50).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on April 22, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

AoW3 is much prettier and the battle system is a lot cooler.  However, overall I enjoy FE:LH more:  It's deeper, has better AI, and boasts greater customization & replayability. 

That being said, both are good games in my experience.  I don't regret owning either one.

I just purchased FE:LE and used blue coins to get the Dead World DLC. I am looking forward to some fantasy 4x gaming. To bad there is no multiplayer but I guess no game is perfect.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

Quote from: Shelldrake on April 22, 2014, 02:37:15 PM
Quote from: Martok on April 22, 2014, 12:21:47 PM

I just purchased FE:LE and used blue coins to get the Dead World DLC. I am looking forward to some fantasy 4x gaming. To bad there is no multiplayer but I guess no game is perfect.

Ugh.. stardock!!!.. I mean Steam is DRM.. shouldn't need stardock too
!

weateallthepies

The new Bundle Stars "Conquest Bundle" looks pretty good for the money:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/conquest-bundle/

99 Levels to Hell
A Game of Dwarves: Gold Edition
American Conquest
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite
Call of Juarez
Cossacks: European Wars
Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
Hyper Fighters
Incoming Forces
King Arthur II: The Role Playing Wargame
Lucius
Xpand Rally Xtreme

All Steam Keys

for £3.59 in real money, whatever that converts to in $ :)

steve58

Paradox games are the Gamersgate Daily Deal

Some good prices for CK2, EUIV and HOI3 DLC.  EUIV is on sale for $9.30.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Crap. I knew that would happen sooner or later.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

oh man - sucks to be you - AOWIII, Fallen Enchantress, EU4

get your purse out Gus

Tuna

AOW III on sale somewhere?.. My 15 year old last night asked me to go halves.. lol.. we haven't even broke the plastic on FELH yet!