Sinead O'connor Dead at 56

Started by ArizonaTank, July 26, 2023, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Loved her singing, had problems with much of her politics...but sad to see her go...RIP.

https://apnews.com/article/sinead-oconnor-dies-62b6187073b349d3ab6bfb65b2a14292

She had the best redition of "The Foggy Dew" (with The Chieftains) that I have ever heard.

Right proudly high in Dublin town
Hung they out a flag of war
'Twas better to die 'neath that Irish sky
Than at Sulva or Sud-El-Bar

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I really loved her music from the 80s and 90s. I know the world was not kind to her and broke her down. RIP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

ya it sucks.  her son dies last year as well.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

She was my age so this one kind of hits me like, hard. 

I loved her music and although at the time I initially was shocked by her world view I laud her today for being courageous enough to stand up against what is popular in order to expose the wickedness of what's going on behind the scenes. 

When she tore up the picture of the p@#$ on SNL it shocked a lot of people.  Only two years later the beginning of the child molestation cases began creeping up on the news.  Turns out she was right all along.

Anyway, I'm going to miss both her beautiful voice and her passion.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

Yeah.  "Nothing Compares to You" is on my all-time Top 10 list for most nostalgaic/emotional songs for me.

When she started going rebellious, I was in my early 20s and I didn't care for her antics.  With the benefit of hindsight, her behavior had all the key characteristics of a sexual abuse survivor, and her allegations about the Catholic Church make all kinds of sense.

She's one of those folks whom I would have appreciated a lot more if I'd looked at her with more compassion, but I simply didn't have the wisdom yet to have much of that. 

RIP, Sinead.  Thank you for sharing your music and your passion with us.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd