Main Menu

Iran

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 15, 2024, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

President Biden properly stated: "Our response began today. It will continue at times and places of our choosing."

Previously the admin had stated: "We will respond at times and places of our choosing." The time was several hours ago. The targets were, to quote Zola from the Captain America First Avenger film, "EVVVERYYY WHEEEERRRR!"  :RockOn:

SecDef Austin confirms, more strike packages set up and being processed.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

I do love it when the US military flexes and reminds everyone why they're at least a generation behind.
80+ targets hit within 30 minutes.  LOL
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Imagine the many feelings Putin must be going through!  :ThumbsUp:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Skoop

I saw a Zeihan youtube where he claimed a strike on karg island oil terminal would destroy iran's whole economy in 1 hour.  Only reason we don't do it is because China will flip out cause most of it's oil comes from there. 

nelmsm

Wow, two reasons to do it.

JasonPratt

The moment China goes after Taiwan, that terminal is going away. (Also per Zeihan if I recall correctly.) But even if it doesn't, it doesn't matter, because (along with the British) we control alllllllllll the ocean lanes between China and practically everywhere else including Iran.

China gets the Wonka meme ("nothing sir good day"), so their only hope is for us to be too distracted by other things to feasibly care about Taiwan. Otherwise, making active war on Taiwan is a death sentence for the Chinese government sooner rather than (demographically) later.

As I recall, Zeihan suspects Xi and his cronies might actually go after Taiwan for precisely that reason: so that when they lose, and lose hard, they can blame 'the West' for all of China's internal suffering and hope to pull together some government support that way in the face of collapse.