Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uberhaus

Quote from: Crossroads on October 09, 2023, 09:52:55 AMhttps://twitter.com/LauraHuu/status/1711392260636483624

That will be one ugly narrative that can go to hell. 

So Halminen is a prominent Finnish journalist who defied the Finnish government.  Clearly though, you feel she is trustworthy in that you have posted her comments, Crossroads.

JasonPratt

Re Iran's intentions for prodding Hamas to go now (and maybe joined by other groups nearby): I don't know that this would necessarily scotch the Saudi peace deals. The actual king was always against the deals, but he isn't running the country right now; the prince (interviewed by Baer) is. He has some internal political calculus to juggle, but he's unlikely to snuggle up to Iran now, and peace with Israel is the best way for him (currently) to keep his side of power around the Persian Gulf. Whether that gets him and his allies ganked by other Saudis is something he'll have to worry about and try to parry.

My own suspicion is this: we recently learned that Iran has enriched Uranium (or Plutonium, I forget which, and not where I can check atm) over the threshold of weapons grade. There is less than no reason to do this for local energy generation purposes, and they've been pretty consistent about what they plan to do with that material if they ever get it to weapon grade.

Intelligence estimates indicate that Iran can now produce a nuclear weapon and mount it on a missile capable of reaching Israel, within 12 days of whenever they decide to go. Or deliver it by some other method, down to a set of backpack-sized weapons.

Israel of course has also been VERY consistent for years, that if Iran ever goes over a threshold toward producing such a weapon, they're gonna just send over an air force and remove that capability with extreme prejudice. That threshold has probably been crossed. (There may be some other technical constraints that I don't know about which haven't triggered an Israeli attack yet, but the situation has to be close.)

Iran might be well-advised to throw their sponsored local doom-pets at Israel as a major military distraction, if Iran intends to go for the nuclear attack prep at relatively the least risk of being interdicted by the Israeli Air Force (plus spec-op support).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Uberhaus

Jason, I hope your church members are safe.

I strongly doubt that Hamas, who I believe are Shia and backed by Iran, have Daesh training or experience, considering the hatred they have for Shia Muslims, unless Fox is meaning that they were modelled on them.  Points one and two are very interesting though.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Tripoli

Quote from: Uberhaus on October 09, 2023, 12:55:48 PMJason, I hope your church members are safe.

I strongly doubt that Hamas, who I believe are Shia and backed by Iran, have Daesh training or experience, considering the hatred they have for Shia Muslims, unless Fox is meaning that they were modelled on them.  Points one and two are very interesting though.

Hamas is Sunni.  They just work with Iran,  in more of a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type relationship.  Hamas also gets around 100 million USD from Iran.  They had a bit of a falling out over Syria a few years back, but generally speaking, they have worked together for decades.
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas#:~:text='Islamic%20Resistance%20Movement')%20is,political%20force%22%20within%20Palestinian%20politics.&text=State%20allies%3A,Afghanistan%20(Taliban)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

W8taminute

Praying for your church members, Jason, and also for the peace of Jerusalem and the salvation of Israel.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Uberhaus

Quote from: Tripoli on October 09, 2023, 01:25:54 PMHamas is Sunni.  They just work with Iran,  in more of a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type relationship.  Hamas also gets around 100 million USD from Iran.  They had a bit of a falling out over Syria a few years back, but generally speaking, they have worked together for decades.
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas#:~:text='Islamic%20Resistance%20Movement')%20is,political%20force%22%20within%20Palestinian%20politics.&text=State%20allies%3A,Afghanistan%20(Taliban)

I stand corrected, sorry Jason.  PM Netenyahu also jusy stated that Hamas is Daesh.  If they are being incorporated into Hamas that is a very ugly situation. 

al_infierno

I wonder if DetCord is gonna fly over with his operator buddies and kick some Arab ass.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

UN Weapons Inspector

Until the late 1980s, older members of Nahal Oz used to regularly drive a few miles west, to shop in Gaza City's markets, eat the enclave's famous seafood, or go for a walk on the Mediterranean coastline. Many still have friends in Gaza. Despite the Israeli blockade imposed in 2007, after the militant group Hamas seized control of the area, they kept in touch with calls and WhatsApp messages.

all emotions aside, it is just people living next to each other.

UN Weapons Inspector

Calm down would be the best response, as difficult it is. And respect towards all the victims.

UN Weapons Inspector

Which i mean stop posting graphic pictures

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

How anyone could cheer what Hamas has done is beyond my understanding - absolutely revolting and moronic.

And as Star posted on the first page of this thread, Hamas has started their own destruction.

I too was not crazy about the Israeli government's turn over the last few years but screw that now.

Jason as others have posted I hope your church members are ok. A lot of Americans got caught up in this.

My older daughter will be 18 next year and has started talking about her Birthright trip to Israel...I cannot imagine what we would be doing right now if she got caught up in this while on Birthright.

https://www.birthrightisrael.com/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd