undercovergeek

Carthage always upset wife mk 1 in civ 2 probably why I always choose them

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 13, 2013, 02:57:47 PM
Carthage always upset wife mk 1 in civ 2 probably why I always choose them

Uh...you speaking English?

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2013, 02:55:26 PM
I'm bloodlusty enough I suppose. I do have a dictatorship side after all.

Gusington

I did not get a patch yet for Rome II but I did get one for Shogun II today.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
I did not get a patch yet for Rome II but I did get one for Shogun II today.

I believe it is still in beta and you would only get it if within your steam game properties for Rome, you activated the option to participate in the betas.  If you do that, then you would get the patch.  Personally, I'll let others test it and I will wait until the official release:)

Nefaro

Despite skipping a real patch release this Friday, I gotta give them credit for at least putting out a beta update before the weekend. 

This one looks like mostly minor UI bug fixes and further graphics setting tweaking, although I see a couple rather specific AI adjustments mentioned. 

Gusington

CA get a bad rap. Look at the sheer size at what they're trying to create with Rome II. They are very ambitious. Sure their QA is definitely nerfed but they should get some points for reaching for the stars. Creating a game like Rome II is anything but easy. 

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

1) Activate Beta option.

2) Download starts on ~80MB update.

3) Download stalls out at 23%, like clockwork. 

4) 8 minutes later, it jumps to 46% and stalls again.

::)

This is mostly only happening with TW Rome 2.  At this point, I'm pretty sure the Steam servers have some kind of imposed restriction on how many people it allows to download patches for that game, at any one time.  >:(

Bison

My Legions are marching toward ancient Detroit and also toward the Greeks where I will not be all Gus-like touchy feely as I crush them beneath my legionnaire's sandals.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 13, 2013, 07:54:11 PM
1) Activate Beta option.

This is mostly only happening with TW Rome 2.  At this point, I'm pretty sure the Steam servers have some kind of imposed restriction on how many people it allows to download patches for that game, at any one time.  >:(

So for betas, what happens when then real patch comes out?  Does the beta files somehow get uninstalled and replaced with the real files?  I would love to try the betas, but concerned they might mess with the game...I don't want to download it all over again if something gets messed up:) 

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 13, 2013, 07:59:12 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 13, 2013, 07:54:11 PM
1) Activate Beta option.

So for betas, what happens when then real patch comes out?  Does the beta files somehow get uninstalled and replaced with the real files?  I would love to try the betas, but concerned they might mess with the game...I don't want to download it all over again if something gets messed up:)

Since this game is essentially gonna be in beta for a stretch yet, I figured may as well just flip it on. 

If I absolutely wanna make sure that it's back to normal, I'll turn off the beta option and have it do a file check.  Hopefully it doesn't perma-screw it up like some of the horror stories I've heard with a few others (like not being able to play even after reinstalling & such).  *shrug*

What's pissing me off some more about the updates stalling out is that the Steam client makes my computer stutter a bit while the download is stalled.  As if the Steam client is just going nuts and trying to use all the processor time.  Infuriating.  I'd restart the damn thing but don't wanna lose the progress I've made on the download.  Not often an 80MB patch takes 30 minutes to download these days, but there it is.

Gusington

^That's a lot of ifs there. That said, the newest beta patch is getting some rave reviews from the lunatics over at TWC. A lot of claims of a reborn AI.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2013, 08:55:34 PM
^That's a lot of ifs there. That said, the newest beta patch is getting some rave reviews from the lunatics over at TWC. A lot of claims of a reborn AI.

That is good to hear....hopefully will be released officially in the near future.....and if they truly are able to fix a lot of stuff in this patch, seems like there is a lot of promise for other issues to be addressed as well.

Gusington

I hope so. Anyone know how much time there is between beta and release for these patches?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2013, 09:38:00 PM
I hope so. Anyone know how much time there is between beta and release for these patches?

I don't know.  The red sky patch was in beta no more then 2 days, but I'd think they'll at least let this one ride through the weekend and get as much feed back as possible given the number of issues the patch addresses.