Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^And that's why I must have it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Finally!!!! Got and opportunity to use flaming bails and traps. Had it set up perfectly on a hill with the bails facing perpendicular to my line and a bit in front. When the enemy line came up and stopped to charge, I lit them and rolled them down....holy crap that was awesome... Everyone catching on fire and routing and my legions peppered them with pila and cavalry chased them down.

Awesome
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

^Which faction gets the er...flaming balls?

And in the campaign, what do I have to do to get the war dogs from the new Beast of War DLC? Is there some sort of pre-req building needed?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

All i think. It was one of the earned bonus thingies...+1 for defense with a list of stuff. Think it was a legion specific card and not a general card. Anyway, you get flaming balls, "jack" looking things that screw up cavalry, pits for infantry and some barricades. You can level
It up to get 2 or 3 of each.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

The Iceni are the only playable faction to get the Celtic Warhounds and need a Slave Trader building. The other Briton factions also get the Celtic Warhounds but I don't know how. Epirus is the only faction to get the big Molliusian Wardogs with a Skirmisher Camp. Stat-wise the Mollusians rule.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Fired up my old vanilla campaign last night - I'm getting killed on the money front.... like 200 income a turn - I'm only supporting 2 armies

Gusington

^Because you generally work too hard and don't pay enough attention to your campaign! Knave ;)

So everyone gets flaming balls...did not know that. Thanks Slash for the info on the dogs...will build me a slave trader asap.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

lol yup, campaign restart - more concentrating on the money, not so much the pointy sticks

mikeck

Yep, won my last. Starting over as Rome with Radious campaign mod, realistic legionary tactics and a few more graphics mods that alter roman armor to look weathered and bloodstained, etc. This time I am going to head east and conquer the Greeks instead of fighting barbarians and spaniards.

Am loving the realistic legionary tactics mod.... Infantry in formation can form wedge, hurl pilum at your command, and rotate ranks to keep fatigue down....keeps formation better than any other mod as well.

Martok

Quote from: mikeck on February 22, 2014, 05:17:28 PMAm loving the realistic legionary tactics mod.... Infantry in formation can form wedge, hurl pilum at your command, and rotate ranks to keep fatigue down....keeps formation better than any other mod as well.
Any idea if this applies to other factions as well, or just Rome? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I was just going to ask that. Same question for that armor mod too...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Dammit!  >:(

After not playing Rome 2 for awhile, I decided to start up a new campaign last night and quickly discovered an annoying bug in my first battle, on Turn 3.

At war with Sparta from the start, my Epirote army attacked one of the Spartan armies posted outside their city.  They had a second larger army inside the nearby city and with those reinforcements our army numbers were almost the same.   So I attacked the smaller one outside, hoping to eliminate one group before the other in the tactical battle. 

I did great, causing over twice as many casualties to both their armies, with many of their units being eliminated or nearly so.  Putting those starting Epirote War Elephants to good use in devastating flank attacks, once my phalanxes had grabbed their full attention, sped up the process quite a bit.  As usual, I let the battle run on after getting the 'You Win!' message so that I could chase down the fleeing enemy forces with cavalry and fast troops, thus causing far more casualties to the fleeing enemy units.

However.. when I returned to the campaign map, the largest army which had showed up as reinforcements was now back to the full health status it was at before the battle started!  Just sitting inside the city, having taken no battle damage or anything!!   ARRRGHH!  The only odd course of action was to poison that army's water supply with my spy beforehand, causing a small amount of damage to it's units, and it was at these exact levels they had returned to after being annihilated in the following battle. 

I quit in frustration after such a bug.  Hopefully that isn't happening regularly.  :-\

undercovergeek

never seen that Nef

Gusington

Me neither...playing as Epirus it serves you right :)

You should be eliminated by turn 3 anyway, as AI Epirus always is!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 28, 2014, 09:29:21 AM
Me neither...playing as Epirus it serves you right :)

You should be eliminated by turn 3 anyway, as AI Epirus always is!

Yeah.  This is the second time I've started as Epirus.  I figured it's pretty challenging, so why not.  I didn't expect my enemies' soldiers to miraculously return from the dead too!  :o

Despite starting off at war with Sparta, and Rome inevitably declaring war at the end of the first turn per usual, I had gotten off to a decent start since Carthage DOW'd Rome right afterward and this risky battle went so well for me.  Until the bug, anyway.  I still haven't had the Athenians DOW me yet but I'm sure it will happen sometime soon.  Had hoped to eliminate the bulk of the Spartan forces by then but not only is that looking fookt, their full strength resurrected army can now immediately attack the one I had just attacked with, which had suffered some losses.  RAWR!