Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 15, 2014, 09:49:04 PM
We don't read enough outlaw biker memoires?

I can recommend some titles  8)

Sir Slash

I'm thinking somebody's gonna have an opinion about this WOS-DLC. I bet they will.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 16, 2014, 12:12:37 PM
I'm thinking somebody's gonna have an opinion about this WOS-DLC. I bet they will.  :coolsmiley:

Everybody hates it of course.  I'm probably going to like it, but only as a representation of the world of 530 BC.  Near as I can tell from the map, Athens has no Empire and hasn't even been raiding in the Aegean.  So its 530.  What the Spartans have against the Athenians (who after all were helping the Spartans against internal revolts as late as the 450s) is a mystery, but I can live with a few mysteries.

WallysWorld

Still considering this game, but on the TW Center forum, most people are still not recommending buying the game: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?674412-Is-Rome-II-worth-getting

I'm really tempted due to the sale.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Rayfer

Quote from: LongBlade on December 16, 2014, 08:19:29 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 15, 2014, 04:33:38 PM
You guys are killing me.  Emperors edition is back on sale at Humble Bundle (Steam key) for $15.00. Do I buy now or wait and hope for a better deal in the upcoming Steam holiday sales?

There are presently 248 pages of discussion on this game.

That works out to about six cents a page. If you haven't managed to derive six cents' worth of amusement just from reading these pages the I seriously doubt that any price point will be low enough.  ;D

Pulled the trigger and got it for $15.00....downloading now from Steam. Won't be done for awhile yet.  Looking forward to playing later this evening. 

Gusington

When you have a couple of days to spare, peruse this thread casually. Every niggling thing they whine about over at TWC has been covered here too, without breaking out the torches and pitchforks. Yes tbe game had a lot of issues upon release last summer, but now, 16 patches later (!!!) it is much better.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Being old enough to have actually served it the Athenian army in 530 BC, I'm going to hold-off buying until maybe I finish the base game first plus Gaul, Hannibal, and EE. Unless of course a bunch of Grogs get moist loins over it. Then I'll grab a diaper and jump in.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 16, 2014, 01:52:45 PM
When you have a couple of days to spare, peruse this thread casually. Every niggling thing they whine about over at TWC has been covered here too, without breaking out the torches and pitchforks. Yes tbe game had a lot of issues upon release last summer, but now, 16 patches later (!!!) it is much better.

I was working hard to give up on the game.  I was hoping a Warhammer Rome DLC would appear and that would cure me.  But since then there have been 3 or 4 interesting developments (including the Emperor ed, WuSS, And Attila) and here I am.

But last summer I wrote:

Fortunately, I think the WarHammer 40K total war thing will totally and completely cure me of any residual TW interest.  Rome II and its various mods and what not is pretty likely to be my last indulgence in TW.

All games have their time; the brief moments when they capture the imagination.  And then they fade as quickly as a young girl's first bloom of beauty and are no more.  Then vanish like Texcoco in a preceptive Nahuatl poem about the brevity of Texcoco.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on December 16, 2014, 02:26:42 PM

I was working hard to give up on the game.  I was hoping a Warhammer Rome DLC would appear and that would cure me.  But since then there have been 3 or 4 interesting developments (including the Emperor ed, WuSS, And Attila) and here I am.

But last summer I wrote:

Fortunately, I think the WarHammer 40K total war thing will totally and completely cure me of any residual TW interest.  Rome II and its various mods and what not is pretty likely to be my last indulgence in TW.

All games have their time; the brief moments when they capture the imagination.  And then they fade as quickly as a young girl's first bloom of beauty and are no more.  Then vanish like Texcoco in a preceptive Nahuatl poem about the brevity of Texcoco.

What Warhammer 40K Total War?  The one they were making was Warhammer Fantasy.  We're not even sure if it will resemble TW at this point since it's been so quiet.  ???

Gusington

I disagree with your old post, Meng. TW war games have gripped me in their claws for years after their release.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Say what?

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 16, 2014, 02:29:19 PM

But last summer I wrote:

What Warhammer 40K Total War?  The one they were making was Warhammer Fantasy.  We're not even sure if it will resemble TW at this point since it's been so quiet.  ???

All know about Warhammer (40K or no 40K) is that in the last days of my visits to stores selling war games, there was always a small gang of Warhammer enthusiasts clustered at the checkout thing recounting every last die-roll of their latest chores in some Warhammer or other.

I thought at the time it was quite fortunate because it was definitely going to cure me of any interest in war games.  I'm hoping for a similar effect with Total Warhammer.  Or even Wuss of Sparta Warhammer.

GDS_Starfury

the rules are puff puff pass man.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 16, 2014, 02:50:46 PM
I disagree with your old post, Meng. TW war games have gripped me in their claws for years after their release.

I know.  What was I thinking?  It was that pre-emptive nostalgia thing.  Always a mistake.  Look at Texcoco:  burned to the ground before anyone had any time to feel bad about it. 

Similarly, when Warhammer: Wuss of Sparta turns up I won't even feel bad about it.  I'll just kick myself down the chute and be glad it was quick.