Curse you game gods - im not made of money!

Started by undercovergeek, September 02, 2013, 04:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

You hang around all summer, kicking cans, playing stuff you dont really want to waiting for Rome II knowing thats it until Christmas, then Matrix decide to release Command Naval Ops two weeks after that and now a game ive watched what seems like forever, Molyneux's new Populous game,  a playable Alpha comes out on the 13th, sob, its enough to make a wallet cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpd468NxK8

Yskonyn

ha! Yeah its frantic at the moment.
Lots of good stuff coming out / available for pre-order!
My funds are dropping like crazy here.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on September 02, 2013, 09:33:22 AM

My funds are dropping like crazy here.

Hell yeah.  It's great, how many wonderful games are being released right now.  I can't even keep up with them!

I recall a time, a decade ago, when there were huge slumps for interesting PC games which weren't run-of-the-mill shooters.  I couldn't satisfy my game collecting addiction, and would end up purchasing crap I knew wasn't even very good.  Now it's overload.  Wonderful.   :D

Feast or famine?

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Staggerwing

Quote from: Keunert on September 02, 2013, 10:13:44 AM
i will kickstart my game funding.

I can't wait to hear what your stretch-goal rewards will be. :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^That Kickstarter is a good idea.

There's a new Populous coming out?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2013, 10:19:38 AM
^That Kickstarter is a good idea.

There's a new Populous coming out?

pffft i provide a link and everything - shall i just ring you and read it out to you?

Tuna

Ugh, and the wife says we need to try and not use the Credit Card this month!.. We were really bad this summer.. lol.. and I'm not the main culprit... I think I can wait on Rome II, but really wanted to pick up AGEOD ACW II..

Bison

If I have learned anything, the answer to solving/ignoring all of life's most pressing issues is to go golfing.

Yskonyn

On that Populous (called Godus); I certainly hope that video you linked contained placeholder art!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Beta I think.....

As a dom III afficienado you're not going to argue art and graphics with me?

Bison

undercovergeek

Bison

undercovergeek

Ill admit its not the term I'd use but its not terrible!