Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Anybody remember this video?  You couldn't escape it on MTV back in '85!

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

one of John's better tunes. 

go look up some of his stuff with The Babys, too
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

and now for something completely different

[yt]https://youtu.be/BMOgSdc8OAI[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Letting YouTube play DJ.  Stuck in a Mountain Jam loop.  Upbeat little ditty by a one man band:

MetalDog

A stellar jam of Hendrix's "1983," sandwiched around Zeppelin's "No Quarter."  Epic level stuff :)

W8taminute

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 08, 2016, 07:33:09 AM
Some of you may find this interesting:

Absolutely brilliant!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Nefaro

This forum =

best locale to put this relic classic .. 

Because fish don't fry in the kitchen.

MetalDog

I realize the running time is 30+.  I also realize the subject is someone who most would not normally appreciate.  However.  If you REALLY like music that is well done, this is something you should check out.  And the drum battle towards the end is just spectacular!!!!!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on May 30, 2016, 09:30:41 AMyou REALLY like music that is well done

What if I prefer mine medium-rare?

What about Gus & Toonces, who prefer theirs more half-baked?

bayonetbrant

The Steve Vai appearance was nice, though :)

MetalDog

Frank always demanded stellar performances from his band members and I high amount of technical proficiency.  It's a joy to watch all those moving parts in action.  Even after he's gone.

W8taminute

Discovered this one by accident. 

bayonetbrant

if you close your eyes and listen, you'd swear this is a Black Crowes song.  That is not A Bad Thing™

[yt]https://youtu.be/hBGPpZ_6erw[/yt]