Can anyone give me advice on how to deal with factions and threats in CK2? How do you stop the threat or reduce it?
For me factions have made the game abit to difficult and complex.
Thanks
Identify the faction leader and kill him. Some one else may take over but will likely not have the influence. Then identify the faction members in your court and kill them, bribe them to like you or marry them off matrilineal to some far off land.
Personally, I am always scheming to assassinate someone....keeps them on their toes , so that's my preferred method. I try to play the game as my king would based on his trait, so I end up with a ruler who is kind and has no "negative" traits like "craven" and a low intrigue score, I will bribe people with cash and titles.
Of course, I believe when the faction gets strong enough and demands whatever it is they want, you can go to war
what mikeck said
Thanks.
There are several ways to deal with factions....
Like Mikeck said you can simply try to kill them... or
You can look at the opinion of their leader and or co-followers and try and increase their opinion of you through gifts or through honorary titles. Killing them does come with some risk but increasing their opinion of you causes them to drop out.
You can also grant them land titles.
Or you can imprison them, if they revolt it helps as you can seize their assets and you will not suffer the tyranny penalty for imprisoning them without just cause.
Also being proactive about your vassal opinion or gauging threats helps as well, but you cannot always improve them depending on the negative modifiers.
PE
I've also tried to send my minister to degrade the opinion of a rival's unhappy vassal to the point where he declares war on his lord. This can take ages however, if it even works, because the relations hit happens to a random vassal of his when it does fire, so it's not very "accurate". I think we should be able to target this action more precisely on one of his/her specific vassals. The ones with the 'Ambitious' trait are always a prime target.