HR Giger has died after injuries from a fall.
RIP!
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Alien_creator_H.R._Giger_is_dead.html?cid=38569780 (http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Alien_creator_H.R._Giger_is_dead.html?cid=38569780)
Gallery from Giger's diary while working on Alien
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Giger_Diaries_7_and_8.html?cid=36526248
RIP.
Oh that's sad i really loved his work
RIP
Me too. RIP.
H.R. Giger contributed to several PC games (http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,861/) that I enjoyed (particularly Dark Seed (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/dark-seed)) as well as some notable movies (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0317592/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1). He will be missed.
RIP H R Giger. :(
I used to have an original print of the poster that was included in the Dead Kennedys' album "Frankenchrist" that got them in trouble with the law back in the 80's for being pornographic.
RIP
Always a big fan of his. As a fan of ELP back in they day the two merged for Brain Salad Surgery.
What a way to go for such a legendary artist...just shows you, you never know when it'll come. RIP to an artist well ahead of his time.
Boy, if I were about to view HR Giger's open casket, I'm sure "chest burster" wouldn't be on my mind at all.